Some or all of your deposit can be gifted by a family member.
There are limits on how much you can earn and how much you can borrow.
We were the first New Zealand bank to offer a Welcome Home Loan, and we’re committed to continuing to help Kiwis into their first homes.
How it works
- You can apply if your income is less than $85,000 a year — or less than $130,000 a year if you’re buying a house with someone else.
- The amount you can borrow depends on where you live — check out Housing New Zealand's website to see how much you could spend.
- You may be able to use your KiwiSaver to put towards the purchase.
- You’ll need to live in the home you buy — you can’t use Welcome Home Loan if you already own a home or to buy an investment property.
- You can’t have already owned a home.
You might have to pay a Welcome Home Loan - Lenders Mortgage Insurance fee – this fee cover the Lenders Mortgage Insurance Premium Housing New Zealand charges to insure each Welcome Home Loans. You can choose to pay it up front or add it to your loan.
Talk to a home loan expert - we're here to help
At any stage of your home buying journey, our home loan experts are available to give you obligation-free advice and guide you through the process right to the end.
Our Mobile Mortgage Managers can come to your choice of location and our Banking Consultants are available at your local Kiwibank branch. Our home loan team is also available by calling 0800 000 654 between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Lender’s mortgage insurance applies. Kiwibank (and Welcome Home Loans) lending criteria, terms and conditions, and fees apply. Revolving Credit, Overdraft, and Interest Only home loan options are not available.