How to give us your feedback
- Complete our online form;
- Call our Customer Service Centre;
- Chat to a Kiwibank representative at your local Kiwibank. You can also ask to talk to the Branch Manager;
- Complete an instore feedback form at your local Kiwibank;
- Write to us:
Private Bag 39888,
Wellington Mail Centre,
Lower Hutt 5045.
What we do about complaints
- We resolve a majority of complaints within two to five business days;
- When it’s a more complex complaint it can take longer to resolve, but we’ll provide you with regular updates;
- When we make a decision about your complaint, we'll tell you why we made the decision and what we’re going to do next.
Our Complaints Resolution Team will do their best to make sure your complaint is fully resolved, but if you’re not satisfied with the outcome you can request an independent internal review. This should be requested in writing by emailing email@example.com.
What if we can't resolve your complaint?
If we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint then you might want to get help from the Banking Ombudsman Scheme.
The Banking Ombudsman Scheme provides free independent help to resolve disagreements between banks and their customers. The Banking Ombudsman Scheme will refer a case to us if it hasn’t already been through our complaints process.
They won’t look at the following types of complaints:
- Our commercial decisions, such as whether to lend you money
- Our interest rate policies
- Our standard fees and charges
- A claim over $200,000
- Complaints we've already resolved.
Banking Ombudsman Scheme brochures are available at your local Kiwibank, or you can contact the Banking Ombudsman Scheme directly.
Code of Banking Practice
We adhere to the Code of Banking Practice, which sets out best industry practice and what banks will do for customers. Download a copy of the New Zealand Bankers' Association Code of Banking Practice 2018 (PDF 349.4 KB).