As of 3 December 2020, we stopped offering Repayment Protection Insurance to new customers. If you're an existing policy holder, your cover will continue unchanged. You can cancel your policy anytime.
Cover for existing customers
- Repayment cover – involuntary unemployment: if you unexpectedly lose your job through no fault of your own, your personal loan repayments of up to $1,500 a month will be covered while you look for a new role – up to a maximum of six months.
- Repayment cover - disability: if you’ve become disabled as a result of sickness or injury and can’t work, your personal loan repayments of up to $1,500 per month will be covered, until you return to work.
- Life cover: if you die, or are diagnosed with a terminal illness that means you’re likely to die within 12 months, your personal loan will be paid off in full – up to $50,000.
Download full policy (PDF 387.2 KB) effective from 15 March 2021.
Get in touch
If you've got any questions or if you'd like to make a claim, get in touch with us. If you took out your personal loan:
- after 15 September 2009, call us on 0800 220 999 between 10.30am – 7pm, Monday to Friday.
- before 15 September 2009, or if you’re a Kiwibank Home Loan customer with a personal loan – call us on 0800 222 491 between 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday, or 10am – 2pm Saturday.
Insurance is issued by Hallmark Life Insurance Company Ltd. (Hallmark Life) and Hallmark General Insurance Company Ltd. (Hallmark General) (incorporated in Australia and operating in New Zealand).
Life Cover is issued by Hallmark Life. Repayment Cover is issued by Hallmark General.
Hallmark Life and Hallmark General have both received Insurer Financial Strength Ratings of BBB+ from S&P Global Ratings.
Both Hallmark Life and Hallmark General maintain solvency positions in excess of their current requirements or obligations.
For full details regarding these disclosures including the table of Insurance Financial Strength Ratings, as well as the definitions of the ratings, the table of the solvency positions, and Agency & Scale can be found at latitudefinancial.com.
An overseas policyholder preference applies to Hallmark General.
Kiwibank receives commission for referring personal loan insurance to Hallmark Life or Hallmark General.
Personal loans and car loans are provided by Latitude Financial Services Limited (“Latitude”). Kiwibank receives remuneration for referring a personal loan to Latitude. Latitude’s lending criteria, terms and conditions, and fees apply.