This is us. Where your growth matters.
We’ll help you build on your strengths and learn new skills with:
- Inclusive development programmes - we believe that all our people are leaders regardless of their role or title, and should be enabled to develop their leadership. We have programmes such as:
- Our Navigator Programme enabling you to grow your ability to think, feel and act in complex environments
- The Banking Simulation is a collaborative learning opportunity to gain insight into the bank's critical decision making processes.
- Our commitment to achieving your career aspirations - all roles are openly advertised internally for our people to apply.
- Study leave - for learning or professional development that’s relevant to your role or career aspirations with Kiwibank.
- Te Hoe Ākau – a te reo Māori and Tikanga course - an online course, available for our people to complete, making it accessible for you to grow your capability and engage with Te Ao Māori, to support Māori aspirations.
- Secondment and project-based opportunities - for our people wishing to expand their experience and network.
- ‘Earn while you learn’ - support for our frontline team members to attain NZQA qualifications.
- LinkedIn Learning - enabling you to learn whatever, whenever and wherever you like.
As I've developed as a people leader, I've learned that sometimes the best person for a role isn't the one who is 100% ready. It's about having the right attitude, skills and initiative. Many of my own leaders gave me opportunities that I may not have been ‘ready’ for, but I had the drive and support system I needed to thrive. Thirteen years on, I’ve grown my career across many different teams and I’m always looking to share the opportunities that have been afforded to me."Michael Holden, Senior Manager Transformation Change Execution