- We turned 20 and are celebrating with over one million customers
- We launched our new brand which pays homage to our past and represents who we want to be in the future
- Won the INFINZ Hunter Campbell ESG Award for our commitment to sustainability
- Kiwi Group Holdings Limited (KGHL) announced the sale of Kiwi Wealth to Fisher Funds. The New Zealand Government also announced that it had acquired 100% of the ownership of KGHL from NZ Post, ACC and NZ Super
- We received Canstar's 2022 Bank of the Year - Business Bank Accounts Award.
2021 - 2018
- In 2021, KGHL announced the sale of its life insurance business, Kiwi Insurance Limited, to nib
- We became the first bank in New Zealand to use recycled plastic in all our cards
- We became a B Corporation™ certified company
- We received Canstar's 2021 Bank of the Year - Home Loans Award
- We went cheque-free
- We gained the Rainbow Tick, Gender Tick, and Living Wage accreditations
- We implemented the Responsible Business Banking Policy
- We formed partnerships with Emirates Team New Zealand, Stepping UP, Manaaki, Mentemia and Gumboot Friday
- We contributed $100,000 to the I Am Hope campaign to offer young kiwi free counselling
- We received Canstar's First Home Buyer Bank of the Year Award in 2018 for the eighth consecutive year straight.
2017 - 2015
- Kiwibank standalone branches are rolled out in communities around the country
- We launched QuickPay, a device that lets business banking customers take EFTPOS, Visa and Mastercard® payments through a smartphone and get paid anywhere, anytime.
- We formed partnerships with Banqer, the Department of Conservation, Aviva and Ākina Foundation
- We got Banqer into 1,000 Kiwi schools
- We explored New Zealanders’ relationship with money in the hit TV show, Mind Over Money with Nigel Latta and TVNZ.
2014 - 2012
- We turned 10 and reached over 800,000 customers
- Our mobile app launched, changing how customers bank online
- Our sister company, Kiwi Wealth Management (which is part of Kiwi Group Holdings Limited), buys Gareth Morgan Investments
- We partnered with Ngā Tāngata Microfinance Trust to support them to deliver no fee no interest micro-loans to Kiwi in need
- Kiwi Insurance receives its full licence, simplifying the way life insurance can be packaged for our customers.
2011 - 2009
- We sponsored the New Zealander of the Year Awards for the first time
- Voted New Zealand’s most trusted bank by Readers Digest in 2011 for the sixth year in a row
- We purchased an asset finance business which became Kiwi Asset Finance Limited to provide vehicle, plant and equipment loans for business customers.
2008 – 2006
- First New Zealand bank to launch real-time mobile banking
- We invest in New Zealand Home Loans, buying it outright four years later
- Awarded by Deloitte as the most improved performance and fastest growing employer
- We reached 600,000 customers.