Moving to New Zealand or planning to be here temporarily?
We can help set you up with an account that you'll be able to use once you arrive in New Zealand. You'll need to hold an appropriate working or study visa for New Zealand. Australian permanent residents and citizens don't require a working visa in New Zealand.
Here’s what we need to sign you up:
Send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed Migrant banking application form (PDF 208.3 KB)
- A certified copy of your passport. A certified copy is a photocopy stamped or signed by an acceptable certifier confirming it's a true copy of the original, and that the photo is a true likeness of you. The Migrant banking application form (PDF 208.3 KB) has a list of acceptable documents and certifiers and who can certify them
- A certified copy of your proof of your residential address in your home country
- A completed Overseas tax declaration (PDF 94.5 KB)
- Depending on whether you will be studying or working we’ll also need either the relevant visa that entitles you to work in New Zealand or, your student visa and proof of your enrolment in a New Zealand educational facility.
Here’s what happens next:
Once you’ve sent in your completed application form, with the correctly certified documents, we’ll email within one to two business days to let you know:
- Your account details
- Information on how to send international payments to your new Kiwibank account before you arrive
- Instructions on how to set up internet banking
- Where to find your nearest Kiwibank branch, so we can set up an appointment for you to activate your accounts once you arrive in New Zealand. Once we've verified your identity and address in a Kiwibank branch, you'll be able to withdraw money from your account.
If you need help or more information please email email@example.com. We also have a number of staff who speak different languages and may be able to help you in your preferred language.