Ngā Kauwaka / Our culture
The first kauwaka were used to hold “Ngā Kete o te Wānanga”, the three baskets of knowledge. Kauwaka are vessels that carry knowledge and mindsets that prepare, inspire and enable us all. Kiwibank has four kauwaka, each holding a different mindset enabling our team to deliver on our purpose of Kiwi Making Kiwi Better Off.
Ka tīmata i a tātou / A place to belong
- We create a culture of support and acceptance that encourages us to grow as people and professionals.
- We're proud of what we've achieved, and ambitious about what we do.
- This is the freedom to succeed.
Tapatahi / Better together
- We all bring unique skills, perspectives and experiences that make us stronger as a team.
- We are more powerful as a collective than we are as individuals.
- This is an unstoppable team.
Me Māia / Rise to the challenge
- We back ourselves and each other to succeed in everything we do.
- We seek excellence and own every decision we make.
- We're here to make a difference.
- This is a relentlessness to perform.
Ngā Kiritaki / Customer at the heart
- We exist to provide exceptional care, curiosity and expertise for our customers.
- We're at our best when we walk in their shoes and own the impacts our actions have.
- This is passion for those we serve.