Benefits that look after you and your whānau
This is a place where you can belong and thrive in a culture celebrating diversity in life and mindset. Acknowledging we are more powerful as a collective than we are as individuals, we're a team driven by our purpose to make Kiwi better off. To make you better off.
We believe in rewarding you with purpose, progression, and a great package of benefits that look after you and your whānau.
This is your wellbeing
To help keep you thriving we provide:
- Flexibility so you can optimise and schedule work and personal commitments – we recognise everyone is different and what works for one might not work for another, (in most roles)
- Fully subsidised Wellbeing One medical insurance with Southern Cross as well as free Life and Serious Illness Trauma Insurance cover
- Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your whānau, offering support for both personal and work needs
- Complimentary access to the premium version of the Groov mental wellbeing app as well as Synergy Health
- Modern, inner-city offices in our main centres
- Regular virtual wellbeing sessions hosted by health professionals and advocates.
This is your time out
Make time for yourself, your whānau and your community with:
- Four weeks annual leave, increasing to five weeks after five years
- Four days wellbeing leave for re-charging when you need it (one per quarter)
- Supported leave available within reason, when you need it, giving you peace of mind to focus on the things that matter– in sickness, caring for unwell dependents, tangi and funeral or even death of a pet for example
- Generous parental leave which includes:
- Topping up Government paid parental leave to full salary for 26 weeks
- A lump sum KiwiSaver payment equating to $50 per week of unpaid leave
- A $1,000 'baby bonus' for parents
- Four weeks' 'baby bonus' leave for primary and secondary carers
- Five days bereavement leave for the death of a person you've had a close association with
- Better Off Day for you to take the time to undertake any activity that contributes to positive change to the community and/or the environment
- Up to four weeks paid military leave per year
- Paid jury service and witness leave.
This is helping you grow
We'll help you build on your strengths and learn new skills with:
- LinkedIn Learning enabling you to learn whatever, whenever and wherever you want
- Study leave for learning and development or professional development that's relevant to your role or career aspirations
- Te Hoe Ākau - a te reo Māori and Tikanga course, developed with the needs of Kiwibank's kaimahi
- Our commitment to internal mobility - all roles are openly advertised for internal candidates to apply for
- Earn while you learn support for our frontline team members to attain NZQA qualifications.
This is recognising your commitment
A range of perks to help you get ahead:
- KiwiSaver contributions are matched by Kiwibank up to 4% for permanent employees
- Financial assistance to set up your home office
- Staff rates for banking including home loan interest rate discounts
- Access to the Marram Trust for healthcare and holiday homes
- Access to special discounts and deals with a range of great businesses
- Access to Payroll Giving, making donations and tax credits easier to manage.
This is your place to thrive. This is us. This is Kiwibank.
Please note, eligibility criteria apply to some of these benefits.