Benefits at a glance
Life cover pays a lump sum if you pass away or if you’re diagnosed as terminally ill and are expected to pass away within 12 months.
A lump sum payment of $15,000 to help with funeral expenses.
Serious Illness Trauma cover to pay a lump sum if you’re diagnosed with a defined medical condition.
Income Protection Illness cover pays a monthly amount if you’re unable to work because of illness.
Redundancy cover pays a monthly amount for up to six months if you’re not working because you’ve been made redundant.
Who can apply?
To apply for Life & Living Insurance cover you need to complete an application form and be:
- living in New Zealand and have one of the following;
- New Zealand or Australian passport/citizenship
- New Zealand or Australian Permanent Resident Visa (with no travel conditions on your visa)
- New Zealand Resident Visa (for Life cover and/or Serious Illness Trauma cover only)
- 18-70 years old to apply for Life Insurance (Life cover)
- 18-60 years old to apply for Living Insurance (Serious Illness Trauma cover, Income Protection Illness cover or Redundancy cover)
- employed for at least 25 hours per week for a single employer to apply for Living Insurance (Income Protection Illness cover and Redundancy cover).
The application will then be assessed and Kiwi Insurance will be in contact with you. While you’re waiting for your application to be assessed you’ll receive Temporary Accidental Death Cover.
Work out how much cover you need
Our Life & Living Insurance tool will help you work out how much cover you might need to protect your lifestyle and look after your loved ones. You can also compare your calculations with other Kiwis in a similar situation.Life & Living Insurance tool
Get in touch with our insurance team
Whether you need help with something simple or more complicated, we’ve got the right people to help you. If you need to make a claim, please contact us as soon as you can after something goes wrong.
You may also be interested in...
Life & Living Insurance is provided by Kiwi Insurance Limited. Life Insurance issued before 14 November 2012 is also provided by Kiwi Insurance Limited. Kiwi Insurance Limited is a related party of Kiwibank Limited. Kiwi Insurance Limited is the only organisation responsible for claims under the cover. If you arrange your insurance through Kiwibank, you need to know that Kiwibank Limited doesn’t guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by, Kiwi Insurance Limited. Kiwibank Limited may receive a commission on any insurance it arranges.
Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Life & Living Insurance Cover wording (PDF 274.8 KB). If your cover was issued before 14 May 2018, you’ll need to refer to the legal documents archive for full details, terms, important conditions and exclusions.
View information about Kiwi Insurance Limited's financial strength rating and solvency margin.
Kiwi Insure® is a brand of Kiwibank.
"We", "us" or "our" means Kiwi Insurance Limited.