How do you qualify for a cash contribution?
In addition to the criteria above, you'll need to accept the conditions of our cash contribution agreement which includes you maintaining your banking relationship with us for the next four years from the date we pay the cash contribution into your nominated account.
Your banking relationship
Your banking relationship is made up of:
- Having your income (for example wages, salary or rental income) direct credited into a Kiwibank account; and
- The lending you have or have agreed to have with us; and
- The accounts you hold at the time we pay you the cash contribution.
If your banking relationship changes
We know circumstances can change so it's good for you to know that if it does, this could impact the cash contribution we've made. If your banking relationship changes significantly (for example, you stop having your income direct credited into a Kiwibank account or you refinance your lending to another lender) after the cash contribution has been paid to you, we may require you to repay some or all of the cash contribution.
How we calculate any repayment
We've put together some examples to help you calculate how much you might need to repay if your banking relationship changes. The amount we'll claim back is calculated on a pro-rated basis based on how long it’s been since we paid you the cash contribution:
- first year, we can claim back 100% of the cash contribution;
- second year, we can claim back 75% of the cash contribution;
- third year, we can claim back 50% of the cash contribution; or
- fourth year, we can claim back 25% of the cash contribution.