Contents Insurance

Make a claim

You love your stuff, so get it covered. Contents insurance takes the sting out of replacing your things if they get stolen or accidentally damaged.

Benefits at a glance

  • No matter how old your things are, we’ll replace most items with new ones.

  • You’ll be covered at home or if you’re out and about.

  • Individual pieces of jewellery are automatically covered up to $3,000 per item, we can cover more expensive pieces, you just need to let us know.

  • Package discount if you take out two or more Kiwi Insure house, contents or car insurance policies.

How it works

Work out your cover

Our contents calculator will help you estimate how much it would cost to replace your things, with a room by room list.

Apply for Contents Insurance

Get an online quote and sign up in just three minutes. If you're not quite sure what you need, or you'd like to discuss your options, we’ve got the right people to help you.

Quote & purchase online

If you’re applying for house, contents or car insurance you can get a quote and purchase online.

Get a quote and buy online

Talk to an insurance expert

If you’d like to talk to someone about any of our insurances, or apply over the phone, get in touch with our insurance team.

Talk to an expert

You may also be interested in


You’ve worked hard to get your house, so get insurance to make sure you’re covered if something goes wrong.

  • Cover your home if something goes wrong
  • Live assessment tool to sort out your claims faster.

Important terms, conditions and exclusions apply (PDF 910.2 KB).


Cover your vehicle against loss or damage from accidents, fire or theft.

  • Choose from Comprehensive, Third party, fire and theft or Third party.

Important terms, conditions and exclusions apply.


Protect your lifestyle if you can't work anymore, and look after your loved ones if you pass away.

  • Life insurance - pays a lump sum if you pass away or you're terminally ill
  • Living insurance - covers Income Protection Illness and Serious Illness Trauma.

Important terms, conditions and exclusions apply (PDF 215.9 KB).