To get our refinancing package
- Your home loan needs to be at least $50,000
- The ownership of your home loan isn’t changing and your home loan is secured by a maximum of two securities (properties)
- There aren’t any guarantors on your home loan
- The documentation must be signed by the property’s owner (not a power of attorney)
- You can’t finalise the sale or purchase of the property on the same day as refinancing.
The refinancing package isn’t available for business banking purposes.
If you don’t meet the above criteria, you may still be able to use our refinancing package, but you’ll need to pay a refinancing package fee.
If you want to refinance to Kiwibank without using our refinancing package, you’ll need to use your own solicitor. Your solicitor’s fees won’t be covered by Kiwibank.
Ready to make the move?
- Complete our online application form. It takes around 25 minutes and you can save it and come back to it if you need to. We’ll ask about your earnings, expenses, savings and how much you want to borrow.
- If you’re application is successful, you’ll be conditionally approved. This means that we’ve agreed to loan you a certain amount of money based on the information you’ve provided to us. At this point you’re not committed to anything. The offer lasts for three months, as long as you continue to meet the criteria.
- We’ll finalise the home loan offer and you’ll sign on the dotted line.
- We’ll switch over your accounts and payments and arrange to close your accounts at your old bank.
- Boom. You’re one of us! Just another Kiwi who supports Kiwis.