What you’ll get with us
- No transaction fees on your day-to-day banking with our snazzy accounts and clever cards.
- A secure email service, so you can contact our Online Customer Service team anytime and a team of home loan experts are just a phone call away.
- Award-winning internet banking, and our excellent smartphone app.
Our pain-free refinancing package
We’ll make it easy to make the switch. Our refinancing package includes:
- no legal fees because Kiwibank's legal transfer service is free. Using your own lawyer could cost up to $1,000
- no application fee, saving you up to $400 when compared to some other banks
- no registered valuation required in many cases. This could save you up to $600 on our usual process. Please note that you may need a valuation if you have low equity or if you're using as your security an apartment, townhouse or leasehold property, or a property with earthquake or water tightness issues.
We’ll also switch over all your accounts and move your regular payments — and we can close your old accounts for you when we’re done. Please note that your existing lender may charge break costs or discharge fees which are not covered as part of the refinancing package.
How it works
To get the refinancing package:
- your home loan needs to be at least $50,000
- you can’t change who owns the property during the transfer and your loan can be secured by no more than two securities
- you can’t have a guarantor on your home loan
- the refinancing documentation must be signed by the property’s owner (not a power of attorney)
- you can’t finalise the sale or purchase of the property on the same day as the refinancing
- if you are using an apartment, townhouse or leasehold property as your security, you will need to obtain (and pay for) a registered valuation
- if you don’t have 20% equity in the property the home loan is for, we may still be able to switch you over — but you might need to pay a low equity fee. The amount of the fee depends on how much of your house you own — you can choose to pay it up front or add it to your loan
- the refinancing package is not available for business banking purposes.
Make the move
Get $2,000 with your new home loan
Lending criteria, terms and conditions and fees apply. Minimum new lending $200,000. Your salary or wages must be credited to a Kiwibank account. To get $2000, you must apply for a new Kiwibank Home Loan or switch your existing Home Loan to Kiwibank between 22 January and 4 March 2018 and drawdown by 31 March 2018. If the home loan does not remain with Kiwibank for a minimum of 3 years a cash clawback may apply. Excludes business lending. Interest rates subject to change.