What you’ll get with us
No legal or application fees
With our refinancing package you won't need to pay any legal fees and there's no application fee. In most cases a registered valuation won't be required either.
Competitive interest rates
We've got a wide selection of home loan interest rates to work with how you'd like to structure your home loan.
Home loan experts
Our Mobile Mortgage Managers can come and meet you at a location of your choice and our Banking Consultants are available to talk to at your local Kiwibank branch.
We’ll do it all for you
We’ll manage switching all your accounts and regular payments from your current bank to us. We can also assist with closing your old accounts.
Use our home loan calculators
Use our home loan refinancing calculator to compare different scenarios and to work out what your regular repayments would be and how quickly you could pay off your home loan.
Our refinancing package
Switching your home loan to Kiwibank includes:
- No legal fees because our legal transfer service is free. Using your own lawyer could cost up to $1,000.
- No application fee, saving you up to $400 when compared to other banks.
- No registered valuation required in many cases. This could save you up to $600 on our usual process.
- Switching all your accounts and moving your regular payments from your current bank — and we can arrange to close your old accounts for you, when we’re done.
Please note that your existing lender may charge break costs or discharge fees which aren't covered as part of the refinancing package.
- Your home loan needs to be at least $50,000
- The ownership of the property isn’t changing and your home loan is secured by a maximum of two securities
- There aren't any guarantors on your home loan
- The documentation must be signed by the property’s owner (not a power of attorney)
- You can’t finalise the sale or purchase of the property on the same day as refinancing.
The refinancing package isn't available for business banking purposes.
If you don't meet the above criteria, you may still be able to use our refinancing package to refinance to Kiwibank, however you'll need to pay a refinancing package fee.
If you want to refinance to Kiwibank without choosing to use our Refinancing Package, you'll need to use your own solicitor. Your solicitor’s fees won't be covered by Kiwibank.
Ready to make the move?
Complete our online application form, it takes around 25 minutes, and you can save and come back to it if you need to. We’ll ask you about your earnings, expenditures, savings and how much you’d like to borrow.
If your application is successful, you’ll be conditionally approved. This means that we’ve agreed to loan you a certain amount of money based on the information you’ve provided us. At this point you’re not committed to anything, and our offer lasts three months as long as you continue to meet the criteria.
We’ll finalise the loan offer and you’ll sign on the dotted line.
We’ll switch over your accounts and payments, and arrange closure of your accounts at your old bank.
Boom. You’re one of us!