Things to know about this calculator:
- A minimum borrowing amount against the new property applies.
- Where you and your partner are looking to purchase an investment property, any existing property is owned by both of you.
- Any current home loans are with Kiwibank.
- This calculator doesn't take into account the additional costs associated with purchasing a property.
Repayment amount assumptions:
- *The interest rate selected remains the same for the loan term. Realistically, this interest rate is likely to change over the loan term.
- You make all your repayments in full and on time.
- You pay the minimum required, don’t make any additional lump sum payments or borrow more under the loan.
- Your repayments are calculated on a ‘principal + interest basis’ for the loan term.
The calculator also applies:
- Loan-to-value (LVR) restrictions change depending on the type of property you own. For owner occupied properties, typically you'll require a minimum of 20% equity in the property (e.g. a cash deposit) and investment properties require a minimum of 35% equity.
- Affordability criteria – are based on the details you’ve provided. Please note the amount we can lend may differ from the results displayed. If you apply for a home loan, you’ll need to complete an application form, where you'll need to provide more detailed information. Without this information, this calculator uses assumptions and allowances to estimate the amount you may be able to borrow.
This calculator is intended to provide general information only and is based on the details you provide. It doesn’t take into account your personal financial situation or goals. Therefore this isn’t financial advice, nor is it a quote or an offer of finance from Kiwibank Limited.