How it works
- Shop anywhere Visa is accepted; online, overseas and over the phone.
- Withdraw cash from ATMs that accept Visa worldwide.
- Use it to make purchases from up to two of your accounts, including joint accounts.
- Use payWave to tap for purchases under $80, and tap and PIN for purchases over $80.
- Get exclusive offers, ticket pre-sales and competitions with Visa Entertainment.
- You'll be protected against unauthorised use of your card or account details with Visa's Zero Liability policy.
- Tertiary Pack customers won't be charged the annual card fee.
What you need to know
- You’ll need to be over 15 years old to get a card.
- You'll need to link the card to at least one of the following accounts:
- There's a $10 annual fee per card - we’ll waive this for the first year. Other fees may apply.
- The card comes with payWave, which means you won’t need to swipe, insert, or sign to pay for something – just tap your card on the reader to make a purchase under $80 or for purchases over $80 tap and enter your PIN.
- When using your card overseas for purchases or at an ATM select ‘Credit’ and enter your PIN.
- Your card will be valid for three years - we’ll post you a new one when it’s about to expire.
- Make sure you read the General Terms and Conditions (PDF 180.3 KB) to undertand in full how our Visa Debit Cards work.
Getting a Visa Debit Card is easy
Already a Kiwibank customer?
Login to internet banking and select ‘Apply and Open’.
Choose ‘Cards’ and select Visa Debit Card.
Pick your favourite card design and select a PIN.
Go to ‘Settings’, check your personal details are up-to-date to ensure your card is sent to the right place.
We’ll post it to you ready to use.
Not a Kiwibank customer but want to be?
No problem, just complete our online application form.Join now