How it works
- Shop anywhere Visa is accepted; online, overseas and over the phone
- Withdraw cash from ATMs that accept Visa worldwide
- Use it to make purchases from up to two of your accounts, including joint accounts
- Use payWave to tap for purchases under $80, and tap and PIN for purchases over $80
- Get exclusive offers, ticket pre-sales and competitions with Visa Entertainment
- You'll be protected against unauthorised use of your card or account details with Visa's Zero Liability policy
- Tertiary Pack customers won't be charged the annual card fee
What you need to know
- You’ll need to be over 15 years old to get a card
- You'll need to link the card to at least one of the following accounts:
- There's a $10 annual fee per card - we’ll waive this for the first year. Other fees may apply
- The card comes with payWave, which means you won’t need to swipe, insert, or sign to pay for something – just tap your card on the reader to make a purchase under $80 or for purchases over $80 tap and enter your PIN
- When using your card overseas for purchases or at an ATM select ‘Credit’ and enter your PIN
- Your card will be valid for three years - we’ll post you a new one when it’s about to expire
- Make sure you read the General Terms and Condtions (PDF 279.7 KB) to undertand in full how our Visa Debit Cards work
Getting a Visa Debit Card is easy
Already a Kiwibank customer?
Login to internet banking and select ‘Apply and Open’
Choose ‘Cards’ and select Visa Debit Card
Pick your favourite card design and select a PIN
Go to ‘Settings’, check your personal details are up-to-date to ensure your card is sent to the right place
We’ll post it to you ready to use.
Not a Kiwibank customer but want to be?
No problem, just complete our online application form.Join now
Visa Debit Card Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Kiwibank Limited (“Kiwibank”). By switching to a Kiwibank VISA Debit card during the promotional period you will be automatically entered into this prize draw and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible you must open a Kiwibank VISA Debit card during the promotional period. Offer only available to Kiwibank ATM customers who do not already have a Kiwibank Visa Debit card. Only one entry per Kiwibank VISA Debit card.
3. The promotional period is between 26 February 2018 to 20 April 2018.
4. The prizes are 5 prizes of $1,000 each. The prizes will be credited to the relevant bank account connected to the winners' Kiwibank VISA Debit card on or before 30 April 2018.
5. The prize winners will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries received during the promotional period, on 24 April 2018. Attempts will be made to notify the winners by phone or email using the contact details held. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Kiwibank, or any other person or party associated with this Prize Draw shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this Prize Draw or with any prizes offered.
7. Acceptance of the prize is deemed consent for Kiwibank to use the winners details and photographs for promotional and media purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrants.
8. These terms and conditions will be applied under New Zealand law. Any dispute relating to these terms and conditions or this prize draw will be a matter for the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.