You can use the loan for:
How it works
- Top up your Kiwibank Home Loan to pay for a qualifying renewable energy system for the house we hold as security.
- If you’re borrowing more than $5,000, we’ll contribute up to $2,000 (over four years) towards the cost of the system — $800 at the end of the first year, and $400 at the end of each of the three years after that.
- The system you buy has to:
- be for sale to the general public
- have at least a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty, and
- be supplied and installed by a company that’s a member of the Sustainable Energy Association of New Zealand (SEANZ).
How the loan works
If you’re already a Kiwibank Home Loan customer, we’ll waive the fee to top-up your home loan.
If you’re refinancing your mortgage with us, we’ll agree a portion of your home loan to classify as the Sustainable Energy Loan, and add our contributions to that.
If you’re building a new house that has a sustainable energy system included in the cost of the property, we’ll agree a portion of your home loan to classify as the Sustainable Energy Loan, and add our contributions to that.
If you want to talk through your options give us a call on 0800 000 654.
The system purchased with your Kiwibank Sustainable Energy Loan must be commercially available to the general public, supplied and installed by a member of the Sustainable Electricity Association of New Zealand or Solar Association of New Zealand, and have at least a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty. Kiwibank’s lending criteria, terms and conditions, and fees apply.