Our First Saver account is the perfect first bank account for young savers with big plans.
- No minimum balance required.
- Personalise your account name to help you stay motivated to save, like ‘Sam’s bike savings’.
- Monitor your money with online banking, mobile banking or phone banking. If you're under 13, you can check your account information but can't make payments online.
- If you’re 13 or over, you can get your own ATM/EFTPOS card. If you’re aged between 10 and 13, you can get a card with your parents’ consent
- Once you turn 15, you can get a Visa Debit Card to buy things online, over the phone and overseas.
- Free up is our most popular account, with no monthly account or electronic transaction fees, even after you turn 19! We also have other accounts avaliable, check out our account selector to see what might be right for you.
If you’re opening a new account with Kiwibank, you'll need to verify your identity and address. You can do this if you have a RealMe verified identity. Otherwise, you need to bring two forms of ID and proof of address at your local Kiwibank. Please give us a call to book an appointment before you visit.
Youth accounts are available to anyone aged under 19 years. Accounts are opened in the child’s name but with different account set-up options available, based on the child’s age.