First Saver is the perfect first bank account for young savers with big plans.
- No minimum balance required.
- Personalise your account name to help you stay motivated to save, like ‘Sam’s bike savings’.
- Monitor your money with online banking, mobile banking or phone banking. If you’re under 13, you can check your account information but can’t make payments online.
- If you’re 13 or over, you can get your own ATM/EFTPOS card. If you’re aged between 10 and 13, you can get a card with your parents’ consent
- Once you turn 15, you can get a Visa Debit Card to buy things online, over the phone and overseas.
- No account management or electronic transaction fees, even after you turn 19! (service fees may apply.)
- No paper statements – check your account through online banking or have your statements emailed to you.
- No account management or transaction fees if you’re under 19.
- Get your statements in the mail to help you keep track of your spending.
Youth accounts are available to anyone aged under 19 years. Accounts are opened in the child’s name but with different account set-up options available, based on the child’s age.