Mastercard Gold benefits and features
Purchase interest rate of
Cash advance interest rate of
Up to 55 interest free days on purchases
Up to 55 interest-free days on purchases – the interest-free period doesn’t apply to cash advances
To qualify for 55 days interest free, you’ll need to pay off your entire balance by the due date each month.
Fees, limits and payments
- $40 account fee every six months – waived if you have an outstanding home loan balance or deposits of at least $150,000 with Kiwibank
- Joint/additional cardholder account fee of $10 every six months – waived if you have an outstanding home loan balance or deposits of at least $150,000 with Kiwibank
- Minimum credit limit of $5,000. Maximum credit limit of $20,000.
- Minimum monthly payments of 5% of your monthly statement balance, or $10, whichever is greater, to make sure you don’t get charged a late payment fee
- If your minimum payment isn’t made by the due date, you’ll be charged a $5 fee per late payment. If you have an amount due immediately, you'll need to pay this as well as your minimum payment to avoid a late payment fee.
Built-in overseas travel insurance if you pay for your travel and/or accommodation before you leave New Zealand. Some terms and restrictions apply.More details on travel insurance through your credit card
Ways to apply
More handy credit card info
Standard terms and conditions
Lending criteria, credit limits and terms and conditions (PDF 122.6 KB) apply.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
* Travel Insurance for eligible Kiwibank Credit Cards is provided by Tower Insurance Limited. Tower Insurance Limited is the only organisation responsible for claims under the policy. If you arrange your insurance through Kiwibank, you need to know that Kiwibank Limited doesn’t guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by, Tower Insurance Limited. Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Travel Insurance for Kiwibank Credit Cards Policy wording.
View information about Tower's financial strength rating and solvency margin on their website at tower.co.nz.