Setting up a direct debit
- To set up a direct debit payment, ask the organisation you’ll be paying for a direct debit form, then fill it out and return it to them – they’ll do the rest.
- To automatically make regular payments on your Kiwibank credit card each month to an amount of your choice, download and complete our Credit card direct debit authority form (PDF 89.1 KB).
- To change or cancel, contact the organisation you’re making payments to and discuss your needs with them, or contact us and we’ll cancel it for you.
Avoid dishonour fees
Sometimes, for whatever reason, you may not have enough money in your account to cover a payment, which can result in you being charged dishonour fees.
- For future payments, you need to make sure there’s enough money in your account on the day to cover the payment. Otherwise the payment will fail and you’ll be charged a dishonour fee.
- We can't tell you when payments are due, as the organisation you’re paying controls that.
- If the payment fails and the organisation you’re paying keeps trying to take the payment, you could be charged more dishonour fees.