House Insurance benefits

If your home was destroyed or damaged, you'd want to know your insurance policy would cover the cost to rebuild or repair the damage.


As well as insuring the structure of your home, the policy also covers accidental damage to internal fixtures such as showers, baths, basins and stoves. It also covers structures such as your driveway, decks, sheds, garages, paths, fences and gates.

What's your excess?

The excess is the amount that you pay for each claim. The standard excess for an owner-occupied house is $400, but you can select a higher option and this will lower your premiums. You'll need to make sure you select an excess that's affordable if you need to make a claim.

There’s a $5,000 excess for things such as driveways, fences, pools and paths damaged by natural disasters that would replace your usual excess.

Payment options

You can choose the payment option that suits your needs – direct debit or credit card. And you can pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly or yearly. There's no extra costs if you select to pay monthly or fortnightly.

Apply for House Insurance

Get an online quote and sign up in just three minutes. If you're not quite sure what you need, or you'd like to discuss your options, get in touch with an insurance specialist.

Quote & purchase online

If you’re applying for house, contents or car insurance you can get a quote and purchase online.

Get a quote and buy online

House, contents or car insurance

If you’d like to talk to someone about insuring your house, contents or car, or want to apply over the phone, get in touch with an insurance specialist.

Talk to a specialist