You need at least $2,000 to open the account.
Bonus interest each month if you don’t make any withdrawals.
Keep adding money to your account whenever you like.
PIE option available.
How it works
- You link your Online Call account to any account you choose – we call this your Nominated Account. When you make a withdrawal, the money will go into this account.
- Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly.
- There's no card access, making it harder to spend and easier to save. Transfer money in and out through internet or phone banking.
- Set up and track your savings goals inside this account with Goal Tracker.
- If you'd like to change your nominated account, please complete the Online Call nominated account change form (PDF 33.4 KB).
A bigger slice of the PIE
If you pay 30% or 33% tax on your income (you earn over $48,000 a year), choose the PIE Online Call option when you open your account.
It works the same as Online Call, but you’ll only pay up to 28% tax on the interest income you earn (so you pay less tax if your income tax rate is 30% or 33%), keeping more of your return in your pocket.
If you have a PIE Online Call account your Nominated Account must be in the same name.
What it costs
You pay no account management or transaction fees because you manage your savings online (other fees may apply). If your balance drops below $2,000 at any time, you won’t earn any interest until it’s back up above $2,000.
Units in the Kiwibank PIE Online Call Fund are distributed by Kiwibank and are issued by Kiwibank Investment Management Limited. Download the Terms and Conditions for Kiwibank PIE Online Call Fund (PDF 49.4 KB), or pick up a copy from your local Kiwibank.
This communication contains general information only and not investment or tax advice, and as such you should not rely on it as the sole basis for any financial decision. Potential investors should seek professional advice as to whether an investment is right for them, including the taxation implications of investing in an investment.