To be eligble to apply for a personal loan you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a permanent New Zealand resident
- Have a regular stable income
- A credit check will be completed as part of the application process.
For a Car Loan, you must have the above, plus:
- Have a New Zealand Driver's Licence suitable for the vehicle you're buying.
- You can get an obligation free quote for a car loan before applying. If you decide to accept the quote and go ahead with an application, a credit check will be completed.
Making an application
Making an application is straight forward. You can do this online, over the phone at 0800 549 454 or by making an appointment at your nearest Kiwibank.
You can make a single or joint application.
To help us make sure the loan is right for you we’ll need to check a few details during the application. To help make this process as smooth as possible have the following handy:
- Your current New Zealand Driver’s Licence details or alternatively your passport or New Zealand Firearms Licence
- Your employment and income details
- Amounts owing on loans, overdrafts, credit/store cards (including limits and repayments)
- Your rent and/or mortgage payments
- Your address
- Your email address.
We may need to see evidence of the above to complete your application. If we do, one of the team will guide you through what's required and how to provide this evidence to us.
If you have any questions about what you need, give us a call on 0800 549 454.