How it works
- Only available if you have a Kiwibank Home Loan.
- Choose one of four plans to get the right level of cover for you.
- Once you’ve chosen a plan choose how much of your home loan you want to cover:
- 50% or 75% of your home loan if you want to pay a lower premium, or if you have some other cover, like Life & Living Insurance.
- 100% of your home loan – if you want your entire mortgage covered.
- 125% of your home loan – if you want a bit of extra help to pay for other expenses.
- Your home loan is covered up to a maximum of $500,000.
- Premiums are calculated based on your age, gender, occupation, whether you smoke, the plan you’ve chosen, your loan repayments and the outstanding balance of your home loan.
Choose your plan
Relieve money pressures and get the financial peace of mind that your mortgage will be paid if the worst happens. This cover can pay off the outstanding balance on your home loan, up to $500,000 if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness (and your doctor gives you less than a year to live).
Death cover + Disability cover
In addition to death cover, with this plan you're also covered if you get sick or have an accident and can’t work. Home loan repayments of up to $4,000 a month will be paid for up to two years.
If you’ll never be able to go back to work, your loan will be paid off up to a maximum of $500,000.
Death cover + Disability cover + Redundancy cover
In addition to death and disability cover, redundancy cover will pay your home loan repayments of up to $4,000 a month for up to six months if you’re made redundant.
To add redundancy cover you need to be working at least 25 hours a week for a single employer. You can’t be self-employed.
Get in touch with our insurance team
Whether you need help with something simple or more complicated, we’ve got the right people to help you. If you need to make a claim, please contact us as soon as you can after something goes wrong.
You may also be interested in...
Home Loan Insurance is provided by Kiwi Insurance Limited. Kiwi Insurance Limited is a related party of Kiwibank Limited. Kiwi Insurance Limited is the only organisation responsible for claims under the policy. If you arrange your insurance through Kiwibank, you need to know that Kiwibank Limited doesn’t guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by, Kiwi Insurance Limited. Kiwibank Limited may receive a commission on any insurance it arranges.
Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Home Loan Insurance policy wording (PDF 1.0 MB). If your cover was issued before 14 May 2018, you’ll need to refer to the legal documents archive for full details, terms, important conditions and exclusions.
View information about Kiwi Insurance Limited's financial strength rating and solvency margin.
Kiwi Insure® is a brand of Kiwibank.
"We", "us" or "our" means Kiwi Insurance Limited.