To be eligible to apply for a Kiwibank Personal Loan you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a New Zealand resident.
- Have a regular stable income.
- You can make a joint application or a single application.
- A credit check will be done as part of the application process.
For a Car loan you must have the above, plus:
- have a New Zealand Driver’s License suitable for the vehicle you’re buying.
Making an Application
Making an application is straight forward. You can do this online, over the phone or by making an appointment at your local Kiwibank. Find out more.
To help us make sure the loan is right for you we’ll need to check a few details during the application. To help make this process as smooth as possible have the following handy:
- Your current New Zealand Driver’s License details or alternatively a certified copy of your passport or NZ Firearms Licence.
- Your employment and income details.
- Amounts owing on loans, overdrafts, credit/store cards (including limits and repayments).
- Your rent and/or mortgage payments.
- Your address.
- Your email address.
We may need to see evidence of the above to complete your application. If we do one of the team will guide you through what is required and how to provide this evidence to us.
If you have any doubts or want to ensure you’re fully prepared give us a call on 0800 549 454
Personal loans and car loans are provided by Latitude Financial Services Limited (“Latitude”). Kiwibank receives a commission for referring a personal loan to Latitude. Latitude’s lending criteria, terms and conditions, and fees apply.