Low Rate Mastercard benefits and features
Our lowest purchase interest rate of
Cash advance interest rate of
Up to 55 interest-free days on purchases – the interest-free period doesn’t apply to cash advances
To qualify for 55 days interest free, you’ll need to pay off your entire balance by the due date each month.
Fees, limits and payments
- $24 account fee every six months
- Joint/additional cardholder account fee of $5 every six months
- Minimum credit limit of $500
- Minimum monthly payments of 5% of your monthly statement balance, or $10, whichever is greater, to make sure you don’t get charged a late payment fee
- If your minimum payment isn’t made by the due date, you’ll be charged a $5 fee per late payment. If you have an amount due immediately, you'll need to pay this as well as your minimum payment to avoid a late payment fee.
To apply for Low Rate Mastercard, you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
If you're a Tertiary or Graduate Pack customer you'll need to download and complete the Tertiary and Graduate Overdraft and Credit Card Application Form (PDF 624.1 KB) and send it to Kiwibank Limited, Private Bag 39888, Wellington 5045 or drop it in to your local Kiwibank.
Ways to apply
More handy credit card info
Standard terms and conditions
Lending criteria, credit limits and terms and conditions (PDF 122.6 KB) apply.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International incorporated.