purchase interest rate – our lowest credit card rate. Interest rates are subject to change.
cash advance interest rate. Interest rates are subject to change.
Up to 55 interest free days, as long as you pay off your entire balance in full every month by the due date. The interest free period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers.
5% or $10 minimum monthly repayments - whichever is greater.
$25 account fee every six months.
$5 fee for a joint or additional cardholder every six months.
Enjoy the perks of the $11 Mastercard Wednesday Movie Deal!
Use Mastercard Contactless to make purchases of up to $80 without swiping, inserting or entering a PIN.
Lending criteria, credit limits and terms and conditions (PDF 806.5 KB) apply.
Other fees apply.
- Pay just for the first six months on any transferred balance from a non-Kiwibank credit card.
- Balance transfer interest rates apply to the balance transferred from another bank credit or store card.
- If the amount to be transferred exceeds your credit limit, Kiwibank may process a lesser amount up to your credit limit.
- Interest is charged on your balance transfer from the date the transfer is processed.
- After six months, any remaining transferred balance will be treated like a purchase and our standard interest rate for purchases will apply (currently ).
- If you have more than one balance transfer, payments applied to balance transfers will be applied to the balance transfer with the lowest interest rate first.
To apply for a Kiwibank Mastercard you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand permanent resident, and have a good credit history.
If you're a Tertiary or Graduate Pack customer you'll need to download and complete the Tertiary and Graduate Overdraft and Credit Card Application For (PDF 624.1 KB)m and send it to Kiwibank Limited, Private Bag 39888, Wellington 5045 or drop it in to your local Kiwibank.
If you’re an existing Kiwibank Credit Card customer and want to switch to a Low Rate Mastercard, call us on 0800 521 521.
Go low with Low Rate Mastercard
Lending criteria, other interest rates, terms and other fees apply. To be eligible you must successfully apply for a new Low Rate Mastercard by 11 March 2018. Discounted purchase rate applies for 7 months from when your account is first opened after which time the standard purchase interest rate shall apply. Your card will be sent to you after your account has been opened. Discounted purchase rate period shall not be less than 6 months from the date you receive your card. Standard purchase interest rate will apply to any purchases balances remaining at the end of the discounted purchase rate period. Standard purchase interest rate is subject to change.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International incorporated.