Earning Airpoints Dollars
- You’ll earn one Airpoints Dollar™ for every:
- $120 spent on eligible purchases [?], or
- $100 spent on Air New Zealand products bought directly from Air New Zealand.
- Eligible purchases exclude fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, or any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back.
- 1 Airpoints Dollar is equal to $1 when purchasing any Air New Zealand flight[?]. You can also use your Airpoints Dollars for rental cars or shopping in the Airpoints store.
- If you aren't already an Airpoints member, we’ll sign you up for free when your Airpoints credit card is approved.
Rates and fees
- purchase interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change).
- cash advance interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change).
- Up to 44 interest free days, as long as you pay off your entire balance in full every month by the due date. The interest free period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers.
- 5% or $10 minimum monthly repayments – whichever is greater.
- $32.50 account fee every six months.
- $10 fee for a joint or additional cardholder every six months.
- Other fees apply.
- Lending criteria, credit limits and terms and conditions (PDF 154.2 KB) apply.
As well as earning Airpoints Dollars from your everyday spend, selected Airpoints™ earning credit cards have a range of additional benefits:
Monthly draw for bonus Airpoints Dollars. As long as you’ve used your card that month, you’re automatically in the draw.
Buy additional Airpoints Dollars online for a fee with Airpoints Dollars Top-Up.
Get an adult movie ticket, popcorn and a soft drink for $11 every Wednesday at Event and Rialto cinemas. T’s & C’s apply.
- Pay just for the first six months on any transferred balance from a non-Kiwibank credit card.
- Balance transfer interest rates apply to the balance transferred from another bank credit or store card.
- If the amount to be transferred exceeds your credit limit, Kiwibank may process a lesser amount up to your credit limit.
- Interest is charged on your balance transfer from the date the transfer is processed.
- After six months, any remaining transferred balance will be treated like a purchase and our standard interest rate for purchases will apply (currently ).
- If you have more than one balance transfer, payments applied to balance transfers will be applied to the balance transfer with the lowest interest rate first.
To apply for an Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Mastercard, you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
Terms and conditions for 'Which way will you go?' offer
Lending criteria, terms and fees apply. Offer applies for all successful applications submitted between 23 July and 2 September 2018. Enter the applicable promo code at time of application. Offer not available on transfers from an existing Air New Zealand Airpoints Credit Card or if you have had one in the last 12 months. Offer only available once per customer. Bonus Airpoints Dollars will be added to the Airpoints account of the primary cardholder.
Eligible purchases excludes fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, or any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back.
An “Air New Zealand flight” means a flight that is ticketed and operated by Air New Zealand and certain airline partner codeshare flights including across the Tasman with Virgin Australia – please check airnz.co.nz for a full list of Air New Zealand airline Airpoints partners. Any applicable 3rd party taxes, levies or surcharges can’t be paid for with Airpoints Dollars, unless the fare is a New Zealand domestic fare.
Kiwibank is the issuer of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit cards.
Airpoints Terms and Conditions apply. See airpoints.co.nz for details.
Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are the registered trademarks and PayPass is the trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.