Benefits and features
Airpoints Dollars™ and perks
- Earn one Airpoints Dollar for every $120 spent on eligible purchases*, or one Airpoints Dollars for every $100 spent on Air New Zealand products bought directly from Air New Zealand
- Earn two single-entry Air New Zealand Koru Lounge passes when you spend $20,000 on eligible purchases* in a year.
- As long as you have a current credit card and you’re the primary cardholder, your Airpoints Dollars™ will never expire.
- purchase interest rate
- . cash advance interest rate
- Up to 44 days interest free on purchases – the interest-free period doesn’t apply to cash advances
- To qualify for 44 days interest free, you’ll need to pay off your entire balance by the due date each month
Fees, limits and payments
- $32.50 account fee every six months
- Joint/additional cardholder account fee of $10 every six months
- Minimum credit limit of $1,000
- Minimum monthly payments of 5% of your monthly statement balance, or $10, whichever is greater, to make sure you don’t get charged a late payment fee
- If your minimum payment isn’t made by the due date, you’ll be charged a $5 fee per late payment. If you have an amount due immediately, you'll need to pay this as well as your minimum payment to avoid a late payment fee.
To apply for an Air New Zealand Airpoints™ Standard Mastercard, you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
If you aren’t already an Airpoints member, we’ll sign you up for free when your Airpoints credit card is approved.
Ways to apply
More handy credit card info
Standard terms and conditions
Eligible purchases excludes fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, or any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back.
An “Air New Zealand flight” means a flight that is ticketed and operated by Air New Zealand and certain airline partner codeshare flights – please check airnz.co.nz for a full list of Air New Zealand airline Airpoints partners. Any applicable 3rd party taxes, levies or surcharges can’t be paid for with Airpoints Dollars, unless the fare is a New Zealand domestic fare.
Kiwibank is the issuer of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit cards.
Airpoints Terms and Conditions apply. See airpoints.co.nz for details.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.