Benefits and features
- Earn one Airpoints Dollar for every $75 spent on eligible purchases*, or one Airpoints Dollar for every $65 spent on Air New Zealand products bought directly from Air New Zealand
- Earn one Status Point for every $200 you spend on eligible purchases
- Earn two single-entry Air New Zealand Air New Zealand Lounge passes for every $20,000 you spend on your card in each year
- Pay no joining fee for a Koru membership and get $145 off the annual fee
- As long as you have a current credit card and you’re the primary cardholder, your Airpoints Dollars will never expire.
- purchase interest rate
- cash advance interest rate
- Up to 44 days interest free on purchases – the interest-free period doesn’t apply to cash advances
- To qualify for 44 days interest free, you’ll need to pay off your entire balance by the due date each month.
Fees, limits and payments
- $75 account fee every six months
- Joint/additional cardholder account fee of $15 every six months
- Minimum credit limit of $10,000
- Minimum monthly payments of 5% of your monthly statement balance, or $10, whichever is greater, to make sure you don’t get charged a late payment fee
- If your minimum payment isn’t made by the due date, you’ll be charged a $5 fee per late payment. If you have an amount due immediately, you'll need to pay this as well as your minimum payment to avoid a late payment fee.
Built-in overseas travel insurance if you pay for your travel and/or accommodation before you leave New Zealand. Some restrictions apply.More details on travel insurance through your credit card
To apply for an Air New Zealand Airpoints™ Platinum Mastercard, you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
If you aren’t already an Airpoints member, we’ll sign you up for free when your Airpoints credit card is approved.
Ways to apply
More handy credit card info
Standard terms and conditions
Eligible purchases exclude fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, or any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back.
An “Air New Zealand flight” means a flight that is ticketed and operated by Air New Zealand and certain airline partner codeshare flights – please check airnz.co.nz for a full list of Air New Zealand airline Airpoints partners. Any applicable 3rd party taxes, levies or surcharges can’t be paid for with Airpoints Dollars, unless the fare is a New Zealand domestic fare.
Kiwibank is the issuer of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit cards.
Your Overseas Travel Insurance is arranged by Kiwibank and provided by Tower Insurance Limited and Tower Insurance Limited is solely responsible for any claims under the policy. Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Travel Insurance for Kiwibank Credit Cards Policy wording (PDF 195.8 KB).
Airpoints Terms and Conditions apply. See airpoints.co.nz for details.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.