Earning Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points
- You’ll earn one Status Point for every $200 you spend on eligible purchases[?]
- You’ll earn one Airpoints Dollar for every:
- $75 spent on eligible purchases[?], or
- $65 spent on Air New Zealand products bought directly from Air New Zealand.
- Eligible purchases exclude fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, or any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back.
- 1 Airpoints Dollar is equal to $1 when purchasing any Air New Zealand flight [?]. You can also use your Airpoints Dollars for rental cars or shopping in the Airpoints store.
- Your Airpoints Dollars will never expire. As long as you have a current card, and you’re the primary cardholder.
- If you aren't already an Airpoints member, we’ll sign you up for free when your Airpoints credit card is approved.
Rates and fees
- purchase interest rate. Interest rates are subject to change.
- cash advance interest rate. Interest rates are subject to change.
- Up to 44 interest free days, as long as you pay off your entire balance in full every month by the due date. The interest free period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers.
- 5% or $10 minimum monthly repayments – whichever is greater.
- $75 account fee every six months.
- $15 fee for a joint or additional cardholder every six months.
- Other fees apply.
- Lending criteria, credit limits and terms and conditions (PDF 806.5 KB) apply.
As well as earning Airpoints Dollars from your everyday spend, selected Airpoints™ earning credit cards have a range of additional benefits:
Get access to up to 200 extra Airpoints Dollars in advance.
Earn two single entry Air New Zealand Lounge passes for every $20,000 you spend on your card in each year.
Get two great Koru membership discounts - no joining fee, plus get $145 off the annual fee.
Get an adult movie ticket, popcorn and a soft drink for $11 every Wednesday at Event and Rialto cinemas. T’s & C’s apply.
- Pay just for the first 6 months on any transferred balance from a non-Kiwibank credit card.
- Balance transfer interest rates apply to the balance transferred from another bank credit or store card.
- If the amount to be transferred exceeds your credit limit, Kiwibank may process a lesser amount up to your credit limit.
- Interest is charged on your balance transfer from the date the transfer is processed.
- After six months, any remaining transferred balance will be treated like a purchase and our standard interest rate for purchases will apply (currently ).
- If you have more than one balance transfer, payments applied to balance transfers will be applied to the balance transfer with the lowest interest rate first.
To apply for an Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Mastercard, you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
Eligible purchases exclude fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, or any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back.
An “Air New Zealand flight” means a flight that is ticketed and operated by Air New Zealand and certain airline partner codeshare flights including across the Tasman with Virgin Australia – please check airnz.co.nz for a full list of Air New Zealand airline Airpoints partners. Any applicable 3rd party taxes, levies or surcharges can’t be paid for with Airpoints Dollars, unless the fare is a New Zealand domestic fare.
Kiwibank is the issuer of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit cards.
Your Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance is arranged by Kiwibank and provided by Tower Insurance Limited and Tower Insurance Limited is solely responsible for any claims under the policy.
Airpoints Terms and Conditions apply. See airpoints.co.nz for details.
Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are the registered trademarks and PayPass is the trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.