With a Kiwibank QuickPay® device you can take EFTPOS, Visa and Mastercard® payments through a smartphone. This is getting paid anywhere, anytime.
Key features and benefits
Manage your business using a secure smartphone app in conjunction with a Kiwibank QuickPay device.
Take card payments on the spot.
Accept contactless payments
Issue paperless receipts or invoices.
Accept EFTPOS, Visa and Mastercard® payments in different ways: contactless, swipe, chip and dip payments.
Create an online catalogue.
View and track payments in real time as well as transaction history.
How it works
'Pay now' is the fastest way to accept card payments within the app. Simply enter the amount and click ‘Pay’ then your customer inserts, swipes, or taps their card to pay you on the spot.
‘New payment’ is a speedy way of processing card and cash payments. Just select which payment type you require (card or cash), enter the amount and select ‘Submit’.
Within the shopping cart, you can manage quantities, add a tip or convenience fee and generate quotes and invoices.
Tailor your product catalogue to your business by adding the name, price, description, image and discount. Your catalogue gives you quick access to everything your business has to offer.
Digital quotes, invoices & receipts
Create quotes, invoices and receipts you can email directly to your customers. These can be personalised with your business name, logo and GST number.
Reports & history
Keep an eye on your business with daily, weekly, and monthly transaction reports. You can find previous invoices, process refunds, and resend receipts all within the app.
Anyone in your business can use Kiwibank QuickPay – you can add, edit or remove users as well as manage access types.
You need to be a New Zealand resident or your company needs to be registered in New Zealand and you also have to be a Kiwibank business banking customer. A credit check will be carried out as part of your application.
Setting up and troubleshooting
To power on the terminal press the side key located on the right hand side of the terminal.
To turn off the device, press and hold '-' and 'Clear' buttons. This action is only possible when the device is not in charging mode. If it's in charging mode then the device will restart.
The Kiwibank QuickPay App is compatible with Apple smartphones that support operating system iOS 9 (iPhone 5) and above, and Android smartphones that support Android 5.0 Lollipop and above.
For Apple smartphones, the Kiwibank QuickPay App also requires:
- Resolution of at least 540 pixels x 960 pixels
For Android smartphones, the Kiwibank QuickPay App also requires:
- Screen size of at least 5 inches
- Resolution of at least 540 pixels x 960 pixels
If you can't get Kiwibank QuickPay to work, check the following:
- Is your Kiwibank QuickPay device turned on?
- Is your Kiwibank QuickPay device connected to the Kiwibank QuickPay App? The bluetooth and terminal connected indicators should be green within the device setup screen.
- Is your device charged? If you need to charge your device, follow the instructions within the Kiwibank QuickPay user guide if you're not sure how to charge your device.
- Do you have network or Wi-Fi coverage? You won't be able to take payments if your smartphone is not connected to an internet connection - it will display as offline.
- Is your Kiwibank QuickPay device online? If your Kiwibank QuickPay device is offline, select 'Initialize' under 'Merchant Login'. Your terminal must be connected to initialse merchant login.
Once the Kiwibank QuickPay App is paired with the Kiwibank QuickPay device, you can find your terminal ID or merchant ID on the Device Setup screen under Merchant Login.
- If you receive a phone call while processing a transaction on Android, the transaction will process as normal. On IOS, the transaction will declined and require processing again.
- If you lose internet connection while processing a transaction, the transaction will be declined and require processing again.
- If either your phone or Kiwibank QuickPay device turns off during the transaction, the transaction will be declined and a "Power Link Failure" message will appear. If you have trouble connecting to the device again after the device or phone powers off, restart the terminal twice and try again.
Location service error
Location services must be turned on to accept payments. Check that your phone’s location services are turned on in your phone’s settings and the Kiwibank QuickPay app has permission to access your location. The app uses your location for the payment geotagging function and records this information into your reports and history.
Pairing unsuccesful or pairing took too long errors
The entire PIN number needs to be entered within one minute of initiating the pairing request or you'll encounter this error.
If the Kiwibank QuickPay device still displays the PIN, wait a few moments for the phone to ask for it again and re-enter the PIN. If the Kiwibank QuickPay device displays “BT Pairing Required,” start the pairing process again.
Check your internet connection on your smartphone. If you’re unable to connect to the internet, contact your internet service provider.
Android phones require a PDF viewer to load historic receipts. You can download a PDF viewer of your choice from the Google Play store.
Kiwibank QuickPay® terms and conditions (PDF 250.7 KB) and eligibility criteria apply. Subject to credit criteria and merchant services terms. Kiwibank QuickPay is only available for business banking purposes. The Kiwibank QuickPay name and logo are registered trade marks of Kiwibank Limited.
Fees and charges apply. Eftpos, Visa and Mastercard credit and debit cards only. Data connection needed. Compatible with Apple devices that support operating system iOS 9 (iPhone 5) and above and Android smartphones that support Android 5.0 Lollipop and above. iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Mastercard is a registered trade mark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Merchant service fee of 2.90% of the total monthly net $ value (i.e. monthly sales transactions less refund transactions) of Visa and Mastercard transactions (including Visa PayWave and Mastercard PayPass transactions) processed through the Kiwibank QuickPay device. The Merchant service fees will be calculated monthly at the end of each calendar month, and are payable by you on the 15th of the subsequent calendar month. Should the 15th of the month fall on a day which is not a banking day, the fees will be payable on the next banking day.
Funds will be paid into your bank account on the next banking day. See the Kiwibank Merchant Agreement (PDF 272.2 KB) for details.