Forward exchange contracts
- Book an exchange rate for a future date.
- You’ll know how much money you’ll receive — and have to pay — regardless of the exchange rate on the day.
- Good if you have a foreign currency transaction coming up and you’re worried about exchange rates moving in the meantime.
- Like a forward exchange contract, but you pay a premium to have the option to decide on the day whether you want to use the rate you’ve booked or not.
- Good if you want to ensure exchange rates remain favourable — but stay flexible in case rates improve.
Kiwibank has lodged on the offer register at companiesoffice.govt.nz/disclose, Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for regulated offers of Kiwibank-issued foreign exchange transactions and interest rate transactions.
Download the Product Disclosure Statement Interest Rate Transactions (PDF 128.3 KB); Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement Interest Rate Transactions (PDF 126.3 KB), Product Disclosure Statement Foreign Exchange Transactions (PDF 166.1 KB); Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement Foreign Exchange Transactions (PDF 120.1 KB) or request a copy free of charge from your Financial Markets dealer.