Block or cancel your credit card
If you think your credit card has been lost, stolen, or if you notice dodgy transactions, there are a couple of things you can do:
- Put a temporary block on your card - You can easily add (or remove) a block on a credit card. See our step-by-step instructions on how to do this within:
- Cancel your card - If you think your card is permanently lost or stolen, you can cancel and replace it within the mobile app. Otherwise, call 0800 521 521 from within New Zealand or +64 4 473 11 33 if you’re overseas to cancel and/or replace your card.
Change card types or close your credit card
If you'd like to change your credit card type or close your credit card you'll need to complete our credit card update form (PDF 267.2 KB).
- Non-expiry of Airpoints benefit - If you’re the nominated earner and you don’t have or aren’t choosing to change to another Airpoints earning credit card with us or another provider that’s eligible for the non-expiry of Airpoints Dollars benefit, any unused Airpoints Dollars you’ve earned will begin to expire from the date they were accrued once we close your account. Airpoints Dollars expire four years from the date they were accrued to your account.
- Travel insurance - If you have an Air New Zealand Airpoints™ Platinum Card and you have upcoming travel plans, the built-in travel insurance benefit will end if you change to another card type or close your account.
- Credit card repayment insurance - When changing card types, if you have existing Credit Card Repayment Insurance attached to your current card, the policy won’t be transferred to your new card and your cover will end.
Disputing a transaction
If you find a transaction on your credit card statement that you didn’t make, contact the company that charged you the transaction. If they’ve made an error, they’ll reverse the charge. If they can’t help, contact us on 0800 521 521 and we’ll investigate the transaction for you.
Making changes to your card
- Changing your credit limit - To increase your credit limit you’ll need to fill out this application form (PDF 236.3 KB) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can decrease your credit limit via internet banking, Just log in, select your card, click additional options and details, and then change your limit.
- Adding another cardholder - If you'd like to add another cardholder, download the credit card update form (PDF 267.2 KB).
- Travelling overseas - If you're going overseas, let us know so we can keep a closer eye on your transactions while you’re away. Just log in to the mobile app, go into Settings, then click on 'Overseas Travel' and add your trip details.
- Set or change a PIN on your card - You can set or change the PIN on your Visa Debit Card within the mobile app or internet banking.
Blocking gambling transactions
If you're wanting to take control of your money and stop spending on online gambling sites and mobile apps, we can support you. We have an optional feature that attempts to block gambling transactions made on your card, so you can keep on top of your day-to-day expenses and focus on your longer term financial goals.
Read more about blocking gambling transactions (PDF 66.9 KB)