- purchase interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change).
- cash advance interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change).
- Up to 55 interest free days, as long as you pay off your entire balance in full every month by the due date. The interest free period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers.
- 5% or $10 minimum monthly repayments - whichever is greater.
- No account fee.
- No fee for joint or additional cardholder.
- Use MasterCard Contactless to make purchases of up to $80 without swiping, inserting or entering a PIN.
- Microchip technology and MasterCard SecureCode for added security.
- Other fees apply.
Balance transfer interest rates apply to the balance transferred from another bank credit or store card.
If the amount to be transferred exceeds your credit limit, Kiwibank may process a lesser amount up to your credit limit.
Interest is charged on your balance transfer from the date the transfer is processed.
After six months, any remaining transferred balance will be treated like a purchase and our standard interest rate for purchases will apply (currently 16.90% p.a.).
If you have more than one balance transfer, payments applied to balance transfers will be applied to the balance transfer with the lowest interest rate first.
To apply for a Kiwibank MasterCard you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
Begin the join process:
Or download and complete the Credit Card Application Form (PDF 183.2 kB) and send it to Kiwibank Limited, Private Bag 39888, Wellington 5045 or drop it in to your local Kiwibank.
If you’re an existing Kiwibank Credit Card customer and want to switch to MasterCard Zero, call us on 0800 521 521.
MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.