- Borrow from $3,000, using the vehicle as security for the loan
- Shop like a cash buyer. Get conditionally approved, so you know in advance how much you can afford to spend. When you find the perfect vehicle and the sale is complete, we can help you pay the seller direct.
- Fast Answers. Use our online application and in most cases we’ll be in touch within 24 hours (Our Personal Loan team is available between 8am-7pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am-6pm Friday, and 9am-5pm Saturday)
- Cash by the next business day if you’ve supplied all the information we’ve asked for.
- Flexible terms to suit your needs - from six months to seven years. Choose lower repayments with a longer loan term, or pay less interest with a shorter term. Repayments can be timed around your pay day, making it easier to stay on track.
- Simple. Unlike credit card bills, you’ll know how much you need to repay and when. The interest rate is fixed and you can make additional repayments at any time – pay off your loan faster and save on interest charges.
Why get conditionally approved?
Conditionally approving your car loan means:
Buy anywhere – privately, online, at an auction or car yard.
Know upfront how much you can spend.
Negotiate like a cash buyer – once you’ve found the car you want, we can transfer the funds the next business day if we have all the information we need.
For Car Loan interest rates to apply, the vehicle's wholesale value must be worth at least $5000. Talk to one of the team to find out more.
The vehicle needs to be comprehensively insured throughout the term of the loan. Find out more about vehicle insurance if you'd like to arrange your vehicle insurance through Kiwibank
The vehicle must have a current Warrant of Fitness and Registration when you purchase it.
Things to know
What you need in order to apply
We’ve made our application process as quick, easy and thorough as possible. To complete your application having some specific information handy can help speed things up. Find out more.
You may also be interested in:
Personal loans and car loans are provided by GE Finance and Insurance trading as GE Money. Kiwibank may receive a commission for referring a personal loan or car loan to GE Money. GE Money’s lending criteria, terms and conditions, and fees apply.