As well as our latest great rate, you’ll get a holiday for two to Samoa when you draw down a new home loan of at least $200,000, with a minimum equity of 20%. Your salary or wages must be credited to a Kiwibank account. Apply by 26 November 2017 and draw down by 19 January 2018.
Great home loan rate
Interest rates subject to change
Already a Kiwibank Home Loan customer?
Great news! You could be in to win one of five trips to Samoa.Find out more
Your trip to Samoa includes:
- Return flights for two adults to Apia, flying economy with Air New Zealand on a Seat + Bag ticket
- Five nights in an Ocean View Room at Taumeasina Island Resort, with daily buffet breakfast for two
- Return airport transfers in Samoa for two adults
- Complimentary use of snorkel gear, kayaks and catamarans
- 1 GB of WIFI per day for two adults
Protect your loved ones with Life & Living Insurance and get a free upgrade to your holiday
If you’re eligible for a holiday to Samoa with our new home loan promotion, apply for Life & Living Insurance or Home Loan Insurance through Kiwibank and we’ll upgrade the international flights on your Samoan holiday to ‘The Works’. Not only are you able to protect your income or help make sure you loved ones are looked after, you’ll get treated on your way to your tropical destination.
‘The Works’ upgrade to your international flights applies for two people and includes complimentary meals and drinks, gate to gate inflight entertainment including movies, seat selection, and a checked bag for each of you weighing up to 23kg per bag. To be entitled to ‘The Works’ flight upgrade, your application must be received by us between 1 October and 26 November 2017.
We’ve secured an exclusive offer just for Kiwibank customers:
Get 25% off the standard tour cost when you book Aleipata Districts and To Sua Trench tour - a great way to explore Samoa. If you're interested in this tour, please fill out the enquiry form on Samoa Scenic's website, and be sure to let them know you’re a Kiwibank customer.
So how does it work?
- Samoa holiday available for new Kiwibank Home Loan lending applied for between 1 October and 26 November 2017.
- The Samoa holiday offer is also available to Welcome Home Loans with minimum 10% deposit. Sorry, the Samoa holiday offer excludes business lending, and is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- Lending criteria, terms and conditions and fees apply. If your home loan does not remain with Kiwibank for a minimum of 3 years a cash clawback may apply.
- You need to have booked your travel by 31 January 2018. As capacity is limited, we recommend booking as soon as you can to ensure flight availability. When you draw down your loan, we’ll email you all the information you need on how to book your holiday.
- The permitted travel period is 1 November 2017 – 31 May 2018.
- Bookings are not available from Auckland to Samoa: 8 December 2017 - 4 January 2018, 28 March 2018 - 3 April 2018, 12 - 30 April 2018 and from Samoa to Auckland: 23 December 2017 - 5 February 2018, 24 - 30 April 2018.
The finer details:
- During special events or holiday periods these fares are particularly limited and will sell quickly. Air New Zealand and Kiwibank take no responsibility if the special promotional fares or hotel rooms are not available on the customer’s first choice of travel dates.
- Flights to Samoa are via Auckland only. Kiwibank will cover the cost of the domestic fares per person (Seat + Bag) flying economy from all Air New Zealand serviced domestic ports via Auckland. This is based on passengers transiting through Auckland and not breaking the journey with an overnight stay either side of their International travel. See a full list of regional airports.
- Transport to and from Auckland Airport and any overnight accommodation before or after the trip will be at your own expense.
- Spending money and meals (other than breakfast) are not included.
- Passport and Visa requirements are the responsibility of the traveller.
- The airfare is non-refundable, and non-transferable. Date or flight changes are permitted for $100 per person, per ticket, subject to the same booking class being available. If the same booking class is not available, changes are permitted by upgrading to a higher fare with an additional collection of the fare differential plus the $100 change fee.
- Cancellation/change fees: Air New Zealand Conditions of Carriage, Smart Saver Fare Conditions apply.
Before you go:
You’ll need to organise your own travel insurance. However if you have a Kiwibank Mastercard Gold Credit Card or an Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Mastercard you can activate your travel insurance by calling 0800 521 521 before you depart. If you apply for a Kiwibank Credit Card with your home loan, we’ll waive your account fee for the first year.
- You have the option to extend your holiday, or to take more family members with you at some great prices. This information will be detailed in your draw down pack, which will be emailed to you following settlement of your loan. All travel bookings will be required to go through Air New Zealand’s online booking form. Payment for any variations to the holiday, upgrades or extensions will be required at the time of booking.
- Flights are based on flying economy on a Smart Saver Fare with a Seat + Bag, however you can choose to pay to upgrade to ‘The Works’ Fare by paying an additional $50NZD per person return. ‘The Works’ flights upgrade is for two people and includes complimentary meals and drinks, gate to gate inflight entertainment including movies, seat selection, and one checked bag per person up to 23kg.
Got some more questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions Guide (PDF 497.7 KB).
Terms & Conditions
Life and Living or Home Loan Insurance ‘The Works’ flight upgrade terms.
1. To be eligible for the complimentary flights upgrade to ‘The Works’ for the new home loan promotion trip to Samoa you must:
a. Meet the eligibility criteria for the new home loan promotion trip to Samoa.
b. Submit an application for either Life & Living Insurance or Home Loan Insurance through Kiwibank. Application must be received by us between 1 October 2017 and 26 November 2017.
2. If you cancel or withdraw your application for either Life & Living Insurance or Home Loan Insurance at any stage before it has been assessed and considered you will not be eligible for the flights upgrade offer.
3. ‘The Works’ flights upgrade applies for two people and includes complimentary meals and drinks, gate to gate inflight entertainment including movies, seat selection and a checked bag for each person weighing up to 23kg per bag.
Life & Living and/or Home Loan Insurance Terms and Conditions
Life & Living Insurance and Home Loan Insurance are both provided by Kiwi Insurance Limited. Kiwi Insurance Limited is the only organisation responsible for claims under the cover. If you arrange your insurance through Kiwibank, you need to know that Kiwibank Limited doesn’t guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by, Kiwi Insurance Limited. Kiwibank Limited may receive a commission on any insurance it arranges. Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Life & Living Insurance Cover wording and the Home Loan Insurance Policy wording.