If you’d like to talk through any of the options, give us a call. We can help you on the spot or arrange an appointment for you to talk to someone face-to-face at your nearest Kiwibank.
Kiwibank’s Tertiary Pack is loaded with good stuff for apprentices.
Managing your money
An apprenticeship wage can make it challenging to make ends meet. We’ve got a bunch of tools to help out.
- With our Bill Blaster account, you can put money aside for expenses like rent, bills and loan repayments. Don’t get caught short on rent day ever again.
- Want to know what you’ve got right now? You can check your balance and transfer funds on your smartphone. Take a look at our iPhone or Android apps.
- Got something you need to save for? Check out our Help Me Save Calculator to see what you might be able to save by cutting back on those non-essentials.
- With a Back–up Saver, your money is on hand but you still earn interest. You can even personalise your account to help you save towards goals, like ‘Sam’s big OE’. The perfect partner to your Tertiary Pack.
- Credit cards can be useful, but you need to know how to use them wisely. Our online video guide answers your top credit card questions.
- Starting an apprenticeship often coincides with moving into a new flat. Kiwibank makes it easy with our flat accounts, which can be set up with two people’s names and two EFTPOS cards. If you set up your flat account as a Free Up, it will also be free of electronic transaction fees and monthly account fees.
Budgeting can be tricky, but we can help. A budget puts you in control, and helps you figure out how much you’ll need tomorrow, next week or next month.
For heaps of useful information and other handy stuff, check out Sorted. Sorted has different tools to help you with all areas of your financial life.
To be eligible for the Tertiary Pack, you must be studying full or part-time at a New Zealand University, Polytech, Industry Training Organisation or NZQA approved place of study for a minimum of one year. To be eligible for a Kiwibank Low Rate Mastercard or interest free overdraft, you need to be aged 18 or over, be a permanent New Zealand resident, have a good credit history and have any income paid to your Kiwibank account. Service fees may apply.
To enter into the competition to win $200 you need to have applied for the Tertiary Pack before 31 March 2014. Winners will be drawn and notified by phone on Friday 4 April 2014. The winners will receive $200 deposited into their Kiwibank account. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Employees and contractors of Kiwibank and New Zealand Post and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that their name and photo may be used for publicity purposes.