Your cover is provided by Tower Insurance Limited, and includes:
Great value cover with the kind of benefits you may need when travelling overseas
Worldwide cover for up to 120 days maximum (conditions apply)
Plans for individuals or families
Seven day free look with full money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied (conditions apply)
24/7 free helpline for emergency assistance or to make a claim while you're overseas
You can apply for travel insurance if you and your family:
- have New Zealand residency and are aged from 18 to 65 years (inclusive)
- aren’t travelling for business and will be returning to New Zealand within 120 days
- aren’t travelling to any country classed as ‘extreme risk’ by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade – see the Safe Travel website
- are fit to travel and understand the policy doesn’t cover pre-existing medical conditions
- are not aware of anything that could increase the likelihood of a claim under this policy
- have not committed any criminal offence or had any insurance or claim declined in the last 10 years.
Just walk into your local Kiwibank, fill in an application form, take it to the counter, pay the premium and you and your family could be covered ‘on the spot’.
Instant Insurance for Travel is arranged by New Zealand Post Limited and provided by Tower Insurance Limited. Tower Insurance Limited is solely responsible for any claims under the policy. New Zealand Post Limited (including its related companies) does not guarantee the obligations of, or any products provided by, Tower Insurance Limited or its related companies. New Zealand Post Limited (including its related companies) may receive a commission on any policy it arranges.
Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Instant Insurance for Travel Policy wording (PDF 106.0 KB).
Tower Insurance Limited has a financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) as at 16 August 2017 from A.M. Best Company.
A++, A+ Superior
A, A- Excellent
B++, B+ Good
B, B- Fair
C++, C+ Marginal
C, C- Weak
E Under Supervision
F In Liquidation