Benefits at a glance
- Up to $30,000 towards the outstanding balance on your insured credit card account if you get ill, injured, permanently disabled, made redundant or are declared bankrupt (if you’re self-employed).
- If you die, we pay the total outstanding balance on your insured credit card account, up to $40,000.
- If you have a joint account your partner is automatically covered for free.
- You only pay for the cover you need – if your credit card balance is zero on your monthly statement, you pay nothing.
- Your premiums are charged to your insured credit card account, so there’s no need to set up separate payments.
You can apply for credit card repayment insurance when you apply for a Kiwibank credit card, just fill in the insurance section as part of the online credit card application.
Have a question for us? Ring us directly on 0800 222 491 between 8.30am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
We're here to help
You may also be interested in...
Credit Card Repayment Insurance is provided by Kiwi Insurance Limited. Kiwi Insurance Limited is a related party of Kiwibank Limited. Kiwi Insurance Limited is the only organisation responsible for claims under the policy. If you arrange your insurance through Kiwibank, you need to know that Kiwibank Limited doesn’t guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by, Kiwi Insurance Limited. Kiwibank Limited may receive a commission on any insurance it arranges. Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Credit Card Repayment Insurance policy wording (PDF 231.3 KB).
View information about Kiwi Insurance Limited's financial strength rating and solvency margin.
“We”, “us”, or “our” means Kiwi Insurance Limited.
Credit Card Repayment Insurance before 10 April 2011
If you already have Kiwibank Credit Card Repayment Insurance and your policy was issued before 10 April 2011, your policy will have been provided by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited. You’ll need to refer to the legal documents archive for full details, terms, important conditions and exclusions.
Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited is the only organisation responsible for claims under this policy. If you arranged your insurance through Kiwibank, you need to know that Kiwibank Limited doesn’t guarantee the obligations of, or any product issued by, Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited.
View information about Cigna's financial strength rating and solvency margin on their website at cigna.co.nz.
Kiwibank and Kiwi Insurance Limited hold no responsibility for the content on third party websites and make no representations as to the accuracy of the information provided on those websites.