Benefits at a glance
- Covers up to 40 days away. If you need cover for longer call us on 0800 521 521 before you go away
- Protection for your spouse and dependent children if they’re travelling with you
- 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance
- Cover is provided by Tower Insurance Limited.
What you’re covered for
- Medical expenses if you’re injured or have an accident
- Loss or damage to your things or travel documents
- Unforeseeable cancellatons, delays and loss of deposits
- Kidnap and ransom
- Rental vehicle excess
- Pre-existing medical conditions are not automatically covered. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you might be able to arrange cover for an extra premium. Call Tower on 0800 845 010 to talk it through.
How to get overseas travel insurance
Overseas travel insurance will be activated if you use an eligible credit card to pay for at least one of these things: overseas travel tickets, one or more nights of pre-paid accommodation, a pre-paid rental car, pre-paid scheduled transport ticket or a pre-paid guided tour.
You have to be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, be under 80 years old, be returning to New Zealand at the end of your trip, have an active Mastercard Gold or Air New Zealand Platinum Mastercard for the duration of your trip.
Business trips are covered under some circumstances, but it would pay to check with Tower on 0800 845 010 for details.Full policy details
How to make a claim
Please contact us as soon as you can after something goes wrong.
Travel Insurance for eligible Kiwibank Credit Cards is provided by Tower Insurance Limited. Tower Insurance Limited is the only organisation responsible for claims under the policy. If you arrange your insurance through Kiwibank, you need to know that Kiwibank Limited doesn’t guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by, Tower Insurance Limited. Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Travel Insurance for Kiwibank Credit Cards Policy wording. (PDF 195.8 KB)
View information about Tower's financial strength rating and solvency margin on their website at tower.co.nz.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International incorporated.
Kiwibank and Kiwi Insurance Limited hold no responsibility for the content on third party websites and make no representations as to the accuracy of the information provided on those websites.