Avoid dishonour fees
Sometimes, for whatever reason, you may not have enough money in your account to cover a payment, which can result in you being charged dishonour fees.
- We recommend that you set up any payments to go out the day after you normally get paid. This is the easiest way to make sure you have enough money to cover your payments.
- Set up your automatic payment to go through before 10pm on the day it's due.
- Payments will be processed around 10am on the payment date you've set. If there’s not enough money in your account, we usually try the payment again around 10pm the same business day, then again around 10am and 10pm on the next business day, if needed. This gives you a chance to get enough money into your account or to let us know you want to skip the payment this time. We can let you know if a payment’s failed with our text or email alerts service.
- You’ll only be charged a dishonour fee if the payment fails.
- If you have an automatic payment that fails three payment cycles in a row, we’ll cancel it, so you don’t keep incurring dishonour fees.