See what questions customers have asked us about investments.

Q. Can I get access to my Term Deposit before the term finishes?"

A. We realise that you might need to access some or all of your money from a Term Deposit or PIE Term Deposit before the term is up. To apply for early access to your investment, please fill out our personal support form.

Q. Is it possible to withdraw funds from my Notice Saver account without giving the required notice?"

A. Yes, you can. In some circumstances, you can access your funds earlier than the set notice period, which is usually 32 to 90 days.

To find out how we can help, please complete our personal support form.

Q. I normally ring a few days beforehand to manage my Term Deposit but I haven’t been able to get through, what can I do?"

A. The situation with COVID-19 means our contact centres are still experiencing a high volume of calls. You have up to seven days after the maturity of your Term Deposit to make changes with no penalty.

To manage your Term Deposit, you can send us a secure mail via internet banking or try to call again. If you’re a business customer and have a business manager, you can talk to them directly.

Q. We currently don't bank with you and are wanting to open a new investment account for our family trust – is that possible during the COVID-19 pandemic?"

A. Yes, it's possible. However, as a new trust customer, you'll need to visit a branch to open an investment account. See the latest updates on our branches.

Q. Can I open a new term deposit during COVID-19?"

A. Once you’re a Kiwibank customer, you can simply use internet banking or our mobile app to open a new term deposit.

New customers can apply using our online application form. Once we’ve reviewed it, we’ll give you a call to discuss in more detail. We’ll need to see some identification, so please make sure you have two of the following:

  • Current New Zealand passport
  • Current New Zealand driver's licence
  • New Zealand birth certificate (issued affter 1998)

We also need your IRD number and proof of address to open an account for you. If you own a home or car, or are named on your power bill, then we can do this over the phone, otherwise you'll need to visit a branch. See the latest updates on our branches.

Q. My term deposit is maturing. I normally go to a branch to reinvest it, are there other ways to do it?"

A. There are other ways to manage your Term Deposit reinvestment. You can use our mobile app, internet banking, or if you‘d prefer to chat please give us a call on 0800 11 33 55.

Keep informed with other FAQs