Money going out
Kiwibank to Kiwibank payments
Kiwibank to Kiwibank payments and transfers are processed immediately.
Payments to other banks
- Single payments to other banks are processed hourly between 9am and midnight on business days. Payments submitted on a weekend or public holiday are processed on the next business day.
- Bulk payments to other banks marked ‘Send now’ are processed hourly between 9am and 11.30pm on business days.
- Bulk payments marked ‘Send after 6pm’ will be processed around 6pm on the due date. All payments received after 6pm will be sent hourly until 11.30pm.
- Payments submitted after 11.30pm, or on a weekend or public holiday, are processed on the next business day.
- When the recipient receives the payment depends on the receiving bank’s processing timeframes — we may send the payment to their bank within the hour, but their bank may only process incoming payments every few hours or overnight.
- Automatic Payments are processed around 10am on the due date.
- If the due date falls on a weekend or public holiday, we’ll process the payment on the next business day.
- If there’s not enough money in your account, we usually try the payment again around 10pm the same business day, then again around 10am and 10pm on the next business day, if needed.
- You’ll only be charged a dishonour fee if the payment fails.
- Incoming direct debits are processed overnight — exactly when changes each day.
- Direct debits are the last thing we process each day, to make sure you receive any deposits before we send out your payments.
Money coming in
- Payments from your customers are paid into your account as they’re received between 9am and midnight on business days.