- Keep your letterbox secure – have a lock
- Keep your personal information in a safe place at home – a home safe isn't a bad idea
- Only allow access to your online networking sites to people you know, and don't volunteer information that isn't necessary
- Only give out personal details and information when it's absolutely necessary, and only give it to people you trust
- Destroy your personal information, don't just throw it away – opportunistic criminals have no qualms about going through your rubbish.
You may also be interested in:
More information about protecting your identity.