Common sense security precautions
- install anti-virus software on your computer
- regularly download updates to your anti-virus and operating system software
- memorise your password and not keep any record of it
- take extra care when keying in your password to make sure that no one else can see it
- only log in to internet banking by using a bookmark or by typing www.kiwibank.co.nz into your browser. Never log in to internet banking via a link from an email - including if the email looks like it's from us - or via a link from a website other than www.kiwibank.co.nz
- tell us as soon as you discover any unauthorised access of your Kiwibank accounts, or if another person knows (or might know) your password.
You must not
- have acted fraudulently
- choose a password that would be easy to guess or discover
- tell anyone else your password
- tell anyone else your password in response to an email request - including if the email looks like it's from us
- log in to internet banking from a shared computer, for example, a computer in a library, shop or internet café
- leave your computer unattended while logged in to internet banking.