We’ve set out some precautions you should take, below. For more information download our General Terms and Conditions (PDF 281.0 KB).
Ensure you never
- Leave your computer unattended while logged into internet banking or the mobile app
- Share or record your internet and mobile app login details including the one-time PIN with anyone else, including bank staff, police or family members
- Create or use a password that can easily be found out or uses personal information about yourself. For example, your family, street or pet names. Your password or PIN shouldn't be the same or similar to passwords or PINs you've used in the past
- Reply to requests for your login details or one-time PIN for either internet banking or the mobile app, other than through Kiwibank Internet Banking or the mobile app
- Use shared computers like those in internet cafes to use internet banking.
- You only download the mobile app from an official store such as Google Play or the Apple App Store
- You only use fingerprint/touch ID login on the mobile app if you’re the only one who has a fingerprint stored on the device
- Your computer or mobile device has appropriate protective software installed such as virus scanning, firewall, anti-spyware and anti-spam software and it’s continually updated
- To take care when opening unexpected attachments or installing software on your computer or mobile device
- To lock your mobile device to stop unauthorised use of mobile banking or unauthorised access to your text messages.
You must contact us immediately if you think your login details or one-time PIN for internet or mobile banking are, or may be, known by another person or that there has been unauthorised use of internet or mobile banking, or your account.