In these terms and policy:
- "Kiwibank" is Kiwibank Limited and also referred to with the words "we", "us" and "our";
- "Related organisation" means all organisations that are under the control of Kiwi Group Holdings Limited;
- "Terms" means the website terms set out below; and
- "Website" means our website and any of our online tools, webchat or other online applications.
Scope of these terms and policy
These terms and policy explain legal aspects of this website and how Kiwibank and its related organisations handle the information we collect from you through our website(s). In these terms and policy, each reference to Kiwibank includes our related organisations.
You agree that your use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and policy and that you authorise us and our related organisations to collect, use and share your information as outlined in this policy. When you deal with Kiwibank outside of this website we may also seek your agreement to this policy, and/or ask you to agree to privacy provisions that apply to those particular dealings. We will do that in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
These terms and policy may continue to apply to you and your information even after your account is closed, or your relationship with us has come to an end. This policy also applies to any information collected during your use of our website(s), even if you do not open an account with us.
Technology is evolving and that may affect how we deal with your information and provide products and services to you. We may need to change these terms and policy from time to time so please review it on our website regularly.
Kiwibank recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. We comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 when we handle your personal information.
Information we collect
We can collect information about you for the purposes listed below, when you use our website, apply for an account, product or service, and during our relationship with you. This information may be collected directly from you, or from others (including third party systems). We can also make enquiries with others to verify the information you provide to us.
Collection of analytics information through our website
To improve our website(s) and our advertising, we may use patterns and other meaningful information gathered from web analytics tools. This may include traffic to, from and within our website(s), your mouse click activity, your IP address, and other information that you voluntarily enter into the website(s).
In addition, our website(s) may use third party cookies from Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. This includes features which give us insight into behavioural information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level, and who has viewed our advertising on other websites. This helps us to understand browsing behaviour to give a better experience whilst visiting our website(s), and to optimise our advertising, including on and outside our website(s).
You can prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies. The procedure depends on which browser you are using. For information on how to remove cookies check your internet browser. You may be unable to log on to our secure services without accepting our cookies.
Consequences of not providing us information
If you do not provide information we have requested, you may be unable to obtain or access the accounts, products or services for which the information is required. Please ask us if you are unsure what information is important and how this might affect you.
Our purposes for collection and use
You agree that we can collect and use your information for the following purposes :
- Obtaining and verifying your identity and address
- Checking that you meet our credit criteria and other eligibility requirements
- Opening and operating your accounts
- Providing you with our accounts, products and services, and managing your relationship with us
- Evaluating and improving our customer service
- Protecting and enforcing our rights as part of our relationship with you
- Complying with applicable laws or legal rules
- Market research, data processing and statistical analysis activities
- Letting you know about offers, accounts, products and services that might be of interest to you (including from our related organisations and selected business partners).However, if you ask us not to provide you this information we will comply with your request.
From time to time we may need to use your information for another purpose associated with a particular product or service. If so we will take reasonable steps to make you aware of that in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
You authorise us (including our related organisations) to collect information about you from any person who can provide us with information that relates to a purpose listed above and is necessary for that purpose. This may include any credit reporting agency. We and our related organisations may make enquiries about any information that you provide to us in order to check the accuracy of the information. This may include providing the information to agencies engaged by us to verify customer identities or address information.
Disclosure of personal information
You agree that we can share your information with:
- Anyone who needs it to assist us with the purposes listed above (including third parties in New Zealand and overseas) that provide services to or for us or our related organisations. These third parties may be subject to overseas law or legal rules which require them to disclose your information
- Our related organisations who may also store, use and disclose it under this policy
- Credit reporting and debt collection agencies
- Agencies engaged by us to verify customer identity or address information
- Organisations conducting market research, data processing and statistical analysis for us
- Guarantors of your obligations to us
- Our/your insurers in relation to money you owe us, or property you give us security over
- Our assignees or potential assignees
- Your previous or current employer(s), to confirm your employment history or income
- Law enforcement authorities, the courts, government agencies, regulatory authorities or third parties, both in New Zealand and overseas, where we believe the disclosure will assist us to comply with any law or legal rules or will assist in the investigation, detection and/or prevention of fraud, money laundering or other criminal offences
- Anyone that we need to contact to carry out your instructions to us (including the recipient of any payment).
We may also disclose information about you to anyone you authorise us to disclose that information to. We may also disclose information about you to others where required by law or legal rules.
Storage of information
We can store your information physically or electronically ourselves, or with others contracted to hold the information for us in New Zealand and overseas. We will act reasonably to ensure that your information is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Your rights of access to and correction of information
We will do everything reasonable to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, although this does depend on you telling us about any changes that mean the information we hold about you are no longer correct. You may ask us for access to the information we hold about you and, if necessary, request corrections to it. Under the Privacy Act we may charge you for this.
If you would like access to the information we hold about you, please contact us.
We may use credit reporting agencies to check your financial status when applying for accounts, products or services, and to monitor your creditworthiness while you owe us money. This means we may give your information to those agencies, and they may give us other information they hold on your financial status. We may also let them know when you have and haven’t met your payment obligations to us.
Credit reporting agencies may use the information we provide to update their credit reporting databases. When other individuals and organisations use the credit reporting agencies’ services, they may also be provided with this updated information.
We may also use other credit reporting agencies’ services in the future. For example, we may use credit reporting agencies’ monitoring services to get updated information about your financial status.
New Zealand and General Information Only
The information contained on this website has been prepared under New Zealand law for the supply of these products and services in New Zealand only.
Unless otherwise stated, references to any currency are in New Zealand dollars.
The information is designed to provide general information for New Zealanders only and does not take into account any individual particular circumstances. It is not intended to provide comprehensive or specific investment advice. You should not rely on the information contained in this website solely when making investment decisions and you should obtain professional advice on your individual requirements before making an investment decision.
We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the material presented on this website is accurate and up-to-date, but none of Kiwibank nor any of its related organisations accept any responsibility for any error omissions, inaccuracies, or for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on, or the use of the information it contains.
We may amend or add to this website at any time without notice.
If you provide us with your email address, we or any of our related organisations may contact you using electronic communications (e.g. email or via the secure log-in areas) in relation to the enquiry or application you have made. We may also provide you with information about additional products or services offered by us or any of our related entities that we think you may be interested in.
You may elect to not receive electronic communications at any time.
Kiwibank holds copyright and other intellectual property rights in this website. The information, images, screens, web pages, logos and brands on this website may not be displayed or distributed in public in any form (including digital copies) without the express written permission of Kiwibank.
You may not use or permit use of any part of this site for any purpose other than that intended (which is the provision to you of product and service information, and information about Kiwbank and its related organisations).
This website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties which are not under the control of Kiwibank. Kiwibank is not responsible for, and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning, the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Kiwibank provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by Kiwibank of the linked site.
In accordance with Internet protocol, we require that you request the permission of Kiwibank to link to this site. If you would like to link to this site please contact us.
The policy and terms and conditions applicable to this website are governed and construed in accordance with New Zealand law.