On 18 December 2020, AMP Home Loans Limited (a subsidiary company of Kiwibank) and Kiwibank Limited amalgamated and continued as Kiwibank Limited.
Between 18 December 2020 and 31 July 2021, we migrated AMP Home Loans customers across to Kiwibank systems. This involved:
- changing AMP access and account numbers to Kiwibank numbers;
- migrating customers to equivalent Kiwibank products;
- issuing new Kiwibank ATM/EFTPOS cards; and
- amending the AMP Home Loan terms and conditions and AMP General terms and conditions.
Changes to terms and conditions
If you migrated from AMP Home Loans to Kiwibank:
- your AMP Home Loan terms and conditions were amended and replaced with the Kiwibank Home Loan Terms & Conditions (PDF 280.1 KB); and
- your AMP General Terms and Conditions were amended and replaced with the Kiwibank Personal and Business Banking General Terms & Conditions (PDF 361.7 KB).
We explained these changes and how they apply to you in the letter we sent you on 18 December 2020, and by public notice on 17 May 2021.
Previous versions of your terms and conditions can be found on our legal documents archive.
Rates & fees
For information about fees, please download the Kiwibank Personal Banking Fees & Limits brochure (PDF 294.7 KB).
For interest rates please see our current home loan interest rates.
For more information about the migration, you can download a copy of the AMP Home Loans migration guide (PDF 693.8 KB).
As of 3 December 2020, we stopped offering Repayment Protection Insurance to new customers. If you're an existing policy holder, your cover will continue unchanged. You can cancel your policy anytime.
Cover for existing customers
- Repayment cover – involuntary unemployment: if you unexpectedly lose your job through no fault of your own, your personal loan repayments of up to $1,500 a month will be covered while you look for a new role – up to a maximum of six months.
- Repayment cover - disability: if you’ve become disabled as a result of sickness or injury and can’t work, your personal loan repayments of up to $1,500 per month will be covered, until you return to work.
- Life cover: if you die, or are diagnosed with a terminal illness that means you’re likely to die within 12 months, your personal loan will be paid off in full – up to $50,000.
Download full policy (PDF 387.2 KB) effective from 15 March 2021.
Get in touch
If you've got any questions or if you'd like to make a claim:
- Call us on 0800 220 999 between 10.30am – 7pm, Monday to Friday.
Insurance is issued by Hallmark Life Insurance Company Ltd. (Hallmark Life) and Hallmark General Insurance Company Ltd. (Hallmark General) (incorporated in Australia and operating in New Zealand).
Life Cover is issued by Hallmark Life. Repayment Cover is issued by Hallmark General.
Hallmark Life and Hallmark General have both received Insurer Financial Strength Ratings of BBB+ from S&P Global Ratings.
Both Hallmark Life and Hallmark General maintain solvency positions in excess of their current requirements or obligations.
For full details regarding these disclosures including the table of Insurance Financial Strength Ratings, as well as the definitions of the ratings, the table of the solvency positions, and Agency & Scale can be found at latitudefinancial.com.
An overseas policyholder preference applies to Hallmark General.
Kiwibank receives commission for referring personal loan insurance to Hallmark Life or Hallmark General.
Personal loans and car loans are provided by Latitude Financial Services Limited (“Latitude”). Kiwibank receives remuneration for referring a personal loan to Latitude. Latitude’s lending criteria, terms and conditions, and fees apply.
As of 20 November 2019, we stopped offering Home Loan Insurance to new customers. If you’re an existing policy holder, your cover will continue unchanged. You can also reduce or cancel your policy at any time.
Cover for existing customers
- Your insured debt or repayments on your Kiwibank Home Loan will be covered if you die or are unable to work because you’re sick or injured.
- Premiums adjust as your loan changes, so you only ever pay for the right amount of cover.
- Premiums are calculated based on factors such as your age, gender, occupation, whether you smoke, the plan you’ve chosen, your loan repayments and the outstanding balance of your home loan.
- When you took out your cover, you would have chosen the proportion of your home loan you wanted to insure – 50%, 75%, 100% or 125% - up to a maximum of $500,000 of cover.
Download fact sheet (PDF 63.0 KB)
Home Loan Insurance is provided by nib nz insurance limited. nib nz insurance limited is a related company of nib nz limited and nib nz holdings limited. nib nz insurance limited is the insurer of Home Loan Insurance, and is the only organisation responsible for claims under the cover. nib nz limited may advise you on this policy. The obligation and products of nib nz insurance limited aren't guaranteed by nib nz limited or nib nz holdings limited. nib nz insurance limited pays fees to Kiwibank Limited when Kiwibank refers customers to it and nib nz limited. nib nz insurance limited also pays nib nz limited for services, including arranging insurance and making financial advice available. nib nz limited provides financial advice on its own behalf, and not on behalf of nib nz insurance limited and Kiwibank Limited. To find out more about how nib nz limited provides financial advice, visit nib.co.nz.
If you’re an existing policy holder of Life & Living Insurance taken out on or before 16 August 2016, your cover will continue unchanged. You can also increase/reduce existing cover, add benefits to your policy, or cancel your policy at any time.
Cover for existing customers
Life & Living Insurance prior to 16 August 2016 is made up of a Life Account with the option of a Living Account/Living + benefits. The cover you’ve chosen is shown in your Policy Schedule.
- Life Account - Death and terminal illness benefit
- Living Account - Permanent Loss of Ability to Work benefit, Temporary Loss of Ability to Work benefit, Cancer and Cardiovascular benefit
- Living + benefits - Permanent Loss of Ability to Work + benefit, Temporary Loss of Ability to Work + benefit, Cancer and Cardiovascular + benefit, Redundancy +benefit.
Download fact sheet (PDF 73.9 KB)
As of 1 April 2021, we stopped offering Credit Card Repayment Insurance to new customers. This was advised by public notice on 25 February 2021.
If you’re an existing Credit Card Repayment Insurance policy owner, your cover will remain in place. However, if you decide to change your Kiwibank Credit Card type or set up a joint credit card from 30 April 2021, your Credit Card Repayment Insurance cover will end and you won't be able to apply for Credit Card Repayment Insurance on your new card. You can also cancel your cover at any time.
Cover for existing policy holders
- Covers part or all of your outstanding balance if you’re unable to work due to an accidental injury or illness, made redundant, declared bankrupt (if you’re self-employed), critically or terminally ill, or pass away.
- You'll be covered if you're a primary or a joint credit card holder.
- Your premiums are based on the closing monthly balance of your credit card – so you only pay for the protection you need.
- Under some circumstances, pre-existing conditions may be covered.
- Credit Card Repayment Insurance after 10 April 2011
If you already have Credit Card Repayment Insurance and your policy was issued after 10 April 2011, your policy is provided by nib nz insurance limited. nib nz insurance limited is a related company of nib nz limited and nib nz holdings limited. nib nz insurance limited is the insurer of Credit Card Repayment Insurance issued after 10 April 2011, and is the only organisation responsible for claims under the cover. nib nz limited may advise you on your policy. The obligations and products of Kiwi Insure aren’t guaranteed by nib nz limited or nib nz holdings limited. Kiwi Insure pays nib nz limited for services, including arranging insurance and making financial advice available. nib nz limited provides financial advice on its own behalf, and not on behalf of Kiwi Insure and Kiwibank Limited. To find more about how nib nz limited provides financial advice visit nib.co.nz.
Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Credit Card Repayment Insurance Cover wording (PDF 215.5 KB).
View the financial strength rating and solvency margin of nib nz insurance limited.
- Credit Card Repayment Insurance before 10 April 2011
If you already have Kiwibank Credit Card Repayment Insurance and your policy was issued before 10 April 2011, your policy will have been provided by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited. Important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the Credit Card Repayment Insurance Policy wording (PDF 400.7 KB).
Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited is the only organisation responsible for claims under this policy. If you arranged your insurance through Kiwibank, you need to know that Kiwibank Limited doesn’t guarantee the obligations of, or any product issued by, Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited.
View Cigna's financial strength rating and solvency margin on their website at cigna.co.nz.
Kiwibank hold no responsibility for the content on third party websites and make no representations as to the accuracy of the information provided on those websites.
Previous versions of these policy documents can be found in our legal documents archive.
Get in touch
If you've got questions about your policy or need to make a claim please get in touch.
International accounts & services
From 29 April 2022, we stopped accepting foreign cheques and international bank drafts.
If you’ve been receiving an overseas pension or benefit payment by cheque from one of the countries below, you'll need to use an alternative way to receive these payments into your bank account electronically. Find out more about receiving money from overseas and the information you'll need to supply on our cheques page.
Retail products aren't available to financial institutions or wholesale customers.
Mastercard is the registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.