Pick which account features are best for you
- No account management or transaction fees on your everyday accounts but service fees apply.
- Interest free overdraft of $1,000 for your first year and $2,000 in your second and subsequent years. There’s no set up or change fees – just a $2 monthly facility fee
- A Low Rate MasterCard® with a $500 limit. No annual fee for the first year if you’re taking up a Kiwibank Credit Card for the first time.
- It’s free to use any ATM on university campuses (even if it’s another bank’s)
- Five free TXT banking messages a month
- A flat account with no account management or transaction fees, with access and an ATM/EFTPOS card for you and one other flatmate
- You can get a Visa Debit Card, which works like a standard ATM/EFTPOS card but can be used online, over the phone, and overseas. We’ll even waive the annual fee for the first year
- No commission on foreign currency if you’re heading overseas
- Do your banking online, on your mobile or by TXT
- Access to heaps!, our free personal finance software, to help track your spending.
Begin the join process:
Tertiary Pack Eligibility and entitlements
To be eligible for the Tertiary Pack, you must be studying full or part–time at a New Zealand University, Polytech, Industry Training Organisation or NZQA approved place of study for a minimum of one year.
To be eligible for a Kiwibank Low Rate MasterCard® or interest free overdraft, you need to be aged 18 or over, be a permanent New Zealand resident, have a good credit history and have any income paid into your Kiwibank account.
If you’d like an overdraft or a credit card, you can download and complete the Tertiary and Graduate Overdraft and credit card application form (PDF 72.0 kB) and take it to your local Kiwibank or send it to us at: Kiwibank Limited, Freepost 161688, Private Bag 39888, Wellington 5045.
You may also be interested in:
Other fees may apply. Download Kiwibank’s Disclosure Statement (PDF 1.5 MB) or pick up a copy at your local Kiwibank.