Pick which account features are best for you
- No account management or transaction fees on your everyday accounts but service fees apply
- You can apply for an interest free overdraft of up to $1,000 for your first year and up to $2,000 in your second and subsequent years. There’s no set up or change fees – just a $2 monthly facility fee
- You can apply for a Low Rate MasterCard® with a limit of up to $500. No annual fee for the first year if you’re taking up a Kiwibank Credit Card for the first time
- It’s free to use any ATM on university campuses (even if it’s another bank’s)
- Free TXT banking. Your mobile provider may charge you TXT messaging costs for sending TXTs
- A flat account with no account management or transaction fees, with access and an ATM/EFTPOS card for you and one other flatmate
- You can get a Visa Debit Card, which works like a standard ATM/EFTPOS card but can be used online, over the phone, and overseas. We’ll waive the $10 annual fee for the first year
- No commission on foreign currency if you’re heading overseas
- Do your banking online, on your mobile or by TXT
- A Loaded™ for Travel card, helps you spend like a local online or overseas. Load it up with foreign currency when the exchange rates are looking good.
Begin the join process:
Tertiary Pack Eligibility and entitlements
To be eligible for the Tertiary Pack, you must be studying full or part–time at a New Zealand University, Polytech, Industry Training Organisation or NZQA approved place of study for a minimum of one year.
To be eligible for a Kiwibank Low Rate MasterCard® or interest free overdraft, you need to be aged 18 or over, be a permanent New Zealand resident, have a good credit history and have any income paid into your Kiwibank account.
If you’d like an overdraft or a credit card, you can download and complete the Tertiary and Graduate Overdraft and Credit Card Application Form (PDF 639.1 kB) and take it to your local Kiwibank or send it to us at: Kiwibank Limited, Freepost 161688, Private Bag 39888, Wellington 5045.
You may also be interested in:
Other fees may apply. Download Kiwibank’s Disclosure Statement (PDF 676.4 kB) or pick up a copy at your local Kiwibank.
Kiwibank reserves the right to amend these promotion terms and conditions at any time.