Kiwibank announces Canterbury quake care package
Kiwibank has announced a number of initiatives to support those affected by Saturday’s earthquake in Canterbury.
Kiwibank Chief Executive Paul Brock urged all customers affected by the earthquake to phone the call centre on 0800 11 33 55.
“What’s important at a time like this is to provide practical support to people so they’ve got access to the money they need. We’re here and ready to help in a practical way for the people of Canterbury.
“We’re also a key partner of the Red Cross and we’re working with them in real time to identify how we can help, whether that’s providing call centre staff or other support from the wider New Zealand Post Group.”
A Kiwibank account has been set up for donations to the New Zealand Red Cross Canterbury Earthquake Appeal. The account number is 38-9009-0759479-00 and the account name is RED CROSS.
Kiwibank customers with a home loan or Business Banking customers that live in the Canterbury area and have been affected by the earthquake will be offered our Canterbury Quake Care Package:
• Three months repayment holiday on your loans (including business banking loans)
• $1,000 overdraft or increase of $1,000 to your existing personal overdraft or revolving credit facility.
Home Loan customers who would like to access our Canterbury Quake Care Package should phone us on
0800 222 224.
Business Banking customers can contact us on 0800 601 601.
Affected banking services
At this stage, there are eight PostShop stores and one business banking centre that will NOT be open on Monday due to the earthquake. They are:
• Cathedral North
• Colombo South
• Sockburn box lobby
• Sydenham Business Banking Centre - staff can be contacted on their mobiles
Lincoln PostShop is expected to open after midday Monday. St Martins PostShop is also closed for planned renovations.
The following Kiwibank quickcash ATMs are operational:
• Allenton PostShop, 61 Harrison St, Ashburton
• Ashburton, 196-206 Burnett St, Ashburton
• Ashbuton PostShop, 390-408 East Street, Ashburton
• Highfield PostShop - 147 Wai-iti Road, Highfield, Timaru
• Northtown PostShop - Northtown Mall, Ranui Ave, Timaru
• Timaru Books and More, 21 Strathallan St, Timaru
• Rangiora Books & More, 199 High St, Rangiora
• Barrington, The Warehouse, Athelstan St, Barrington, Christchurch
• Belfast, The Warehouse, Radcliffe Rd, Christchurch
• Eastgate Mall, Cnr Linwood Ave & Buckleys Rd, Linwood, Christchurch
• Eastgate Post Shop, Shop 312, Eastgate Mall, Cnr Buckleys Rd & Linwood Ave, Linwood, Christchurch
• Halswell PostShop, Shop 10, Halswell Shopping Ctr, Christchurch
• Hornby PostShop, Hornby Mall, Main South Road, Christchurch
• Hornby Mall, 402-414 Main South Rd, Hornby, Christchurch
• Lichfield St, 116 Lichfield St, Christchurch
• Linwood, 97 Stanmore Road, Linwood, Christchurch
• Shirley PostShop, Shop 90, Palms Mall, 18 Marshlands Road, Shirley, Christchurch
• South City, 555 Colombo St, Christchurch
• The Warehouse, 261 Blenheim Rd, Christchurch
• Tower Junction PostShop, Whiteleigh Avenue, Addington, Christchurch
• Upper Riccarton PostShop, 394 Riccarton Rd, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch
• Woolston, Unit 8, 8 Portman Street (Cnr Ferry Road), Woolston, Christchurch
For more information:
04 460 9248
(NB Kiwibank Communications Manager Bruce Thompson is currently on leave)
Key numbers for customers:
Home loans: 0800 222 224
Business banking: 0800 601 601
General enquiries: 0800 11 33 55